Hoops Hopes & Hype

Nice artwork although his hands look a bit weird... Anyhow out of curiosity how is this Chile historically different from the other colonial Chile you have planned? Also may I just state that I am highly anticipating Allende, Pinochet, and Alessandri as they seem well thought out and innovative as well as original (I don't believe anybody in the community has decided to do one of those tinpot Cold War South American Dictators so its nice to see something out of this time period.)

Well, basically that this civilization is based on the discovery and settling of Chile by the Spanish, it's almost entirely based around Pedro's mad dash to make this colony be worth the efforth damn it!

The other one however is based around the almost perennial Arauco War (really, check it out, it lasted over 300 years) and how the country managed to work under those conditions, when the colony was already a thing but we weren't yet an independent country, just a dumping ground for anything the spanish didn't really want somewhere important.

Alright, I think the only art asset missing now is the map (and the dawn of man screen of course), if someone's willing to kindly lend me a hand, here's some reference images:

Spoiler :

The actual territory of Nueva Extremadura, during Valdivia's time.

The route Valdivia took until he founded Santiago (del Nuevo Extremo)

Map with more details of the stop overs and places where he got reinforcements.

Further expeditions and exploration after Santiago was founded.

I was doing an icon for the Tajamar, what do you think?

I also decided to change some things on the Yanacona icon, I hope there are no problems with that.

The new Tajamar looks great. The Yanacona... not.

The main issue is that I was already using that art for the Tehuelche Bolas warrior, but I had a mental slip and I sort of forgot that.

Well I found this drawing of a couple of indigenous Mapuche Warriors:
Spoiler :

It might be somewhat ironic but as Hoop Thrower stated any Native American warrior should be suffice.

Those are Cañari though... AKA from Ecuador.

That said, yes, the Yanaconas aren't meant to be Mapuche, not at all actually. These are indigenous auxiliaries the Conquistadors brought from Peru, so if anything Inca, Aymara or even Diaguita should do.

I'm having problem finding the exact concept, but something like this is what I have in mind:
Spoiler :

This is the model I'm gonna use BTW:

Your lack of progress is disturbing.

The world continues to struggle in serious deficit of glorious Chile till you deliver.

I hope that you are gonna suddenly throw a decent amount of civs you are secretly working on.

In this case it's just because I'm a really lazy compiler.

Yeah, truth is the only thing that is really missing is the map. Most everything else in the mod is ready. If I'm not mistaken at least, GPuzzle said he had the rest of the art.

...And yes, I do in fact have half a dozen civilizations halfway done that are related to Chile in one way or the other. But art is always hard to come by. :cringe:

And I'm trying to get our civs out as well. Sorry for the delays :(

Hm, well...

Nueva Extremadura is missing the map, probably some mod support and making sure everything is working correctly.

The Tehuelche (collab with ldvhl I guess?) are missing... I'm not quite sure really, I guess actual compiling.

The Selk'nam have their Icon done as well as most research and XML work. I may need to double check the 'pedias as I don't quite remember if I wrote them down. I think the rest of the art ain't there either.

The Kaweskar are out of the planning stage but I must return to Uighur Caesar on that.

The Yaghan have their design settled at least and probably could get working on them relatively quick,

Pacific War Chile has their design settled and they do have a leaderscene, some xml and model hunting done already.

So the Tehuelche and Nueva Extremadura are the most likely to come out soon. After that it's any of the following others. Well, I also discussed doing Chiloe with GPuzzle but that one has real tricky LUA behind so I'm not holding my breath. They are collaborations more than "my own" civilizations, as LUA is not quite my forte and my art skills are even worser, but hey, at least I'm helping the civilizations I want to see get done.

I'll PM you with details for the icons...

Pacific War Chile may have an UI found, which is... great.

The Tehuelche (collab with ldvhl I guess?) are missing... I'm not quite sure really, I guess actual compiling.

Pretty much, I'm just figuring out how to put everything together.

The Selk'nam have their Icon done as well as most research and XML work. I may need to double check the 'pedias as I don't quite remember if I wrote them down. I think the rest of the art ain't there either.

The real hiccup will be getting the UU model.

Sorry again for the delays :(

If you need, you can always step in to the compilation station ;)

"Hey, girl, step into my compilation station."

Top Bottom