hope this is the right spot

Ex Tenebris Lux

Chieftain
I hope this is the right place to post this. Please bare with me as I am new.

I own Civ4 with Warlords and BTS. I have not played in some time. Today I loaded up BTS and checked for updates. It told me 3.17 is available and I told it to download. I noticed that there was no box telling me the status of my download as I was used to seeing before. So I tried to leave the screen but it said I could not until update was finished. But it didn't seem like it was updating. So I three finger saluted my way out of the program, and am now manually downloading 3.17. What's the deal? Not a huge concern, however I hope it's not indicative of a bigger problem.

Also, since I am so out of touch with Civ lately, is BTS the FULL Civ4 experience thus far? As in, can I exclusively play BTS and get everything from the original and Warlords? And do I have to keep updating them or are all subsequent updates for BTS only? Thank you in advance and if I posted this in the wrong section I apologize.

There seem to be some problems with the in-game patch update. Most everyone has had to download the patch and install it manually.

BTS 3.17 is the final (at least for now) release. Your Vanilla Civ should be at 1.74, and your Warlords should be at 2.13. But if all you play is BTS, you don't really need to worry about patching those. There could be subsequent updates to just the core Civ or Warlords, but at this point seeing as how those two haven't been updated since July 19th 2007, I sincerely doubt we will see another patch for either.

BTS does have everything of Vanilla and Warlords plus all the BTS content - which means there are obviously some rules differences between the three. In addition, if you play multiplayer, you have to play the same version as people you are playing. In other words, if your buddy only has Warlords, you would have to play warlords too to play against each other online.

Cool, got it. I apreciate the info Steve! I manually updated BTS to 317. I'll go and see if my vanilla and warlords are up to date as well, in the event I ever play them, and to see if I get the same update problems with them. But seeing how I can manually update, it won't be an issue either way. Thanks again!

Top Bottom