1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hormagaunt

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by LMR, Jun 30, 2014.

1. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

This is a Tyranid Hormagaunt, to be used as the basic barb in the WH40K mod.

Hormagaunt

2. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

It looks like a cross between a zergling and a Jurassic Park-style dinosaur.

3. 96nn

96nn Chieftain

:lol: I think between a hydralisk and a xenomorph.

4. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

:worship:

Thanks LMR!

5. Takhisis

Takhisis is it fall yet

I was going to add in 'an alien' but I've never been able to remember the names of each Alien™ species.

It does look splendid, though.

6. nick0515

nick0515 Fantasy World Builder

7. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

Now that's a nifty looking alien.

8. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

9. LMR

LMR Back In Green!

Thanks guys :) I'm pretty happy with the result.

It's made of an Alien model, the tail and armour from kinboat's lizardman model, hooves from kinboat's trolloc model, horns used for my chaos space marine skewed for the talons, plus a bunch of primatives to make the shape of the head more resemble a tyranid rather than an Alien

10. Erebras

Erebras Chieftain

Beautiful unit. Was gonna put bugs in my mod as barbarians, but now I find myself with a nature-abhorred vacuum perfectly shaped like a scythe-forelimbed-bipedal-hoofed-lizard-thing. Good thing I found this thread to fill that slot. Thanks.

Hudson: "Is this gonna be a standup fight, sir, or another bughunt?"
    Gorman: "All we know is that there's still no contact with the colony, and that a xenomorph may be involved."
    Frost: "Excuse me sir, a-a what?"
    Gorman: "A xenomorph."
    Hicks: "It's a bughunt."

Some people figure xenomorph is the name of the creatures in the Alien(s) movies, but what the lieutenant was saying was that an alien life form may be involved, not that a group of creatures called the xenomorphs has attacked the colony. (The word is related to the same roots from what we get xenophobic and metamorphosis.) The good lieutenant was trying to be fancy or use a euphemism instead of riling up the marines with talk of little green men or monsters from outer space.

If "xenomorph" was a known species of lifeform, that initial exchange between the two she-marines in Aliens would've been more like this:
    Vasquez: "Hey, ¡mira! Who's Snow White?"
    Ferro: "She's supposed to be some kinda consultant. Apparently she saw a xenomorph once."
    Hudson: "Whoopee-[expletive deleted]-do. Hey, I'm impressed."
    (But the point is that none of those grunts knew what was about to hit them once they got planetside.)

11. Erebras

Erebras Chieftain

I went to the Games Workshop website to see about tyranids and genestealers and whatnot. I like the way this unit is more skeletal and fearsome looking. The miniatures at GW look like albino lizardmen and Slaan minions who lost their feather headdresses and developed a saurian version of eczema. Not that they don't still rule, LMR (great unit!).