mutax2003

Rider of China, 4-3-3

Spoiler :
Galleys can't be built by a lakeside city

:blush:

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    52.9 KB · Views: 61
So you get the Great Wall for free and you're complaining?

What map script?

Very winnable scenario. No need for paras.

First, I don't see why you didn't move your settler 1N, you lost fresh water that way and furthermore an automatic canal.

Since you got a water body of at least 10 water tiles (yes, I have seen bug where seafoods spawned into a lake :crazyeyes:), you can build galleys and they can go into a lake as long as you get a canal to it.

Just beeline math and make a fort 1N or 2N and you're free to expand then. Since this is EMP, it's winnable although this is quite a slow down you got.

Also, there a reverse side of the medal in your start: you got the rarest resources in a rainforest map, which is the seafoods. Basically, you got great tradable resources.

I tried this game and settled 1N, but I am not seeing galleys show up in my build menu.

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-0750.CivBeyondSwordSave
    158.8 KB · Views: 40
I'm terrible sorry. It was a necessary body of water of 20 tiles. I tried it out and was pretty disappointed by the total isolation.

This game is possibly only winnable by U.N.

EDIT: Oh, it's not rainforest, but highland mapscript.

To make the game fair, just worldbuild in more coast tiles along the water body with seafood so as to get 20 tiles and enable galleys, but not advantaging yourself more than the game already allowed.

Case closed.

Highland, dense peaks, large lakes. I suppose one can add in a galley or make an opening in the peaks via worldbuilder to give one a decent chance of winning.

I'm an OCC master... But this looks tough. Depending on neighbors, maybe a diplo Vic is possible...

I have edit the original save to add in a galley, and would kindly request for the power that be to make this into a GOTM.

Here is the story intro:

For as long as anyone can remember, our people has been trapped in these god-forsaken mountains, with peaks that spirals into the clouds blocking all passages to the outside world. No one exactly know why, some say it is for the sins of our forefathers, other say we are mere subjects of amusement for some capricious gods. Our people have to use all their wits to scrap out a living from this unforgiving morsel piece of land. For the last dozen years, the bitter wind has howled more fierce through the peaks, the crops has withered in the field, few children were born, and many of those that were had succumb to mysterious childhood ailments. At this rate, our people will vanish from this valley within a generation or two. Our elders prayed to heaven asking for help, and one day as in a divine miracle, a great ark materialized on the southern lake shore. You have been chosen to guide our people to board the ark, and settle the green fields fill with golden crops and hills bountiful with games as mentioned in our legend. Take up rein and lead the way, the sole hope of our people rest in you.

P.S - To stay authentic with the storyline, the first city should be settled within the peaks.

Attachments

• mutax2003 BC-4000-revised.CivBeyondSwordSave
    53 KB · Views: 38
I have edit the original save to add in a galley, and would kindly request for the power that be to make this into a GOTM.

Here is the story intro:

For as long as anyone can remember, our people has been trapped in these god-forsaken mountains, with peaks that spirals into the clouds blocking all passages to the outside world. No one exactly know why, some say it is for the sins of our forefathers, other say we are mere subjects of amusement for some capricious gods. Our people have to use all their wits to scrap out a living from this unforgiving morsel piece of land. For the last dozen years, the bitter wind has howled more fierce through the peaks, the crops has withered in the field, few children were born, and many of those that were had succumb to mysterious childhood ailments. At this rate, our people will vanish from this valley within a generation or two. Our elders prayed to heaven asking for help, and one day as in a divine miracle, a great ark materialized on the southern lake shore. You have been chosen to guide our people to board the ark, and settle the green fields fill with golden crops and hills bountiful with games as mentioned in our legend. Take up rein and lead the way, the sole hope of our people rest in you.

P.S - To stay authentic with the storyline, the first city should be settled within the peaks.

:goodjob:

A theoretical way to get your settler off the island is to not settle your first city and eventually get teleported by a foreign culture border pop. On this map it looks like you'd probably get teleported to the other island.

:goodjob:

The paratrooper game actually sounds pretty great if it was played on a sufficiently low difficulty level. If you can't build Galleys you must not be able to build the Moai, and Oxford would locked since it's not OCC, so I guess it would be National Epic and maybe Heroic Epic with the GG from Fascism.

^ Settle GG, then use vassalage + theo + rax + stable to reach 10 xp on a mounted unit :D.

Higher xp paras, though probably not worth it over just getting 5 xp ones and keeping bureaucracy with this kind of game.

Top Bottom