1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Horrific battle RNG

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by sercer88, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Leoreth

Leoreth Prince of Blood Moderator

Have you verified whether that is actually the case for DoC, or have you only read up about base BtS? Because DoC uses the Advanced Combat Odds component from BUG. While I have not reviewed it and cannot vouch for its mathematical correctness, it is at least capable of printing output that lists the probabilities of winning a battle with specific numbers of hitpoints left. To me that suggests that ACO does at least not just do the naive approximation.

If you want to look into the code I would be very happy about that of course.

2. 2015

2015 Chieftain

As a code newbie I thought the game just randomly assigns losses at a certain point.

Like after 6 wins through any order of units, you have to take a loss of a unit, no matter the health. I don't know if this is right but I've observed this a couple of times and it really helps when you reload so you can account for that.

Not sure if i explained my point correctly haha but I can't be the only one who sees something like this.