Horror in Baghdad

De Lorimier

North American Scum
BBC Link
Children die in Baghdad car bomb

Most of the victims were children, the US military says
At least 26 Iraqis, almost all of them children, have been killed by a car bomb in south-eastern Baghdad.
A US soldier is also said to have died in the blast. Another three US soldiers are reported to have been injured.

A car laden with explosives drove past a US army vehicle and blew up as troops handed out sweets, a witness said.

Hundreds of Iraqis have died in attacks by militants opposed to the US presence and to a Shia-led government that took charge in Baghdad earlier this year.

'Pools of blood'

"Many Iraqi civilians, mostly children, were around the Humvee at the time of the blast," US military spokesman Sgt David Abrams told the Reuters news agency.

Another witness told the AFP news agency: "Children gathered round the Americans who were handing out sweets."

"Suddenly a suicide car bomber drove round from a side street and blew himself up," he said.

A television cameraman working for the Reuters agency said nearby houses had been demolished by the explosion.

The blast is said to have taken place as the US patrol was passing through Baghdad's al-Jedidah district.

Shocked relatives

At the nearby Kindi hospital, correspondents say hundreds of distraught relatives wandered along the blood-soaked corridors shouting and screaming as they looked for their children, many of whom were badly mutilated.

An official said the bodies of 24 children had been delivered to the mortuary.

Abu Hamed, who lost his 12-year-old son in the blast, told the AFP news agency he was at home when he heard the explosion.

"I rushed outside to find my son. I only found his bicycle," he said.

He said he found his son at the Kindi hospital mortuary.

"I recognised him from his head. The rest of the body was completely burnt."

The area of eastern Baghdad where the blast took place has a mixed community of Sunnis, Shia and Christians, BBC correspondent Richard Galpin reports.

A bomb blast in Baghdad in September last year killed at least 34 children.

The children had gathered around US troops who were handing out sweets at the opening of a water treatment plant.
:vomit:
Is there anyone left that still thinks the "insurgents" are only fighting to get the US out of the Middle-East? Does anyone still believes there's some good reasons behind the attacks on american troops in Iraq? Those mf's are not fighting for anything remotely good or relevant. They are butchers and nothing more.

Something as sorry and stupid as that is in no way related to the US Admin.
policies or promises- you have just seen the same thing at your place.

This is why soldiers shouldn't give out candy.

Sickening. Those who target children deserve nothing but torture, pain and everlasting misery. If they can persuade idiots that they go to paradise for killing kids then they can probably convince them of anything.

Bastards. What else they deserve except long, painful death?

Note that I am actually an opponent of death penalty. But for "people" like this, death itself is not enough.

EDIT: I am thinking about crucifixion. A very humiliating death for an islamic fundamentalist ;)

CurtSibling said:
So did Iraq get conquered by itself?

Invasion = Chaos = Insurgency = Atrocities...

Do the math...

You are not dragging me into a debate with you, I know better. :nono:

If you think this is acceptable in any form that is up to you, but in my
opinion this is nothing but insanity by insane 'sick' people- not insurgents.

EDIT: I am thinking about crucifixion. A very humiliating death for an islamic fundamentalist

ironic considering that the romans used it as a form of punishment when they were the occupiers.

dgfred said:
You are not dragging me into a debate with you, I know better. :nono:

If you think this is acceptable in any form that is up to you, but in my
opinion this is nothing but insanity by insane 'sick' people- not insurgents.

Can't you read?

I am blaming the terrorists, not the soldiers.

I am making the case that the US admin has failed to stop the insurgency.

I have nothing but praise for the allied troops, so stop getting the wrong idea.

FriendlyFire said:
ironic considering that the romans used it as a form of punishment when they were the occupiers.

Yeah, and what is more ironic, it is connected with christianity :D

Of course I don't think it would help things, it is more likely it would just be another fuel for the insurgency. Some muslims can be pretty blind, if they want to. "Oh, a terrorist has killed a hundred of children. That's bad, I'll pray for their souls." ... "Aghrrr, Americans killed a man shooting on them with his AK-47! Those blood-thirsty dogs, let's kill them all!". I don't understand how they can excuse the terrorists while being so unforgiving when concerning the westerners...

De Lorimier said:
BBC Link
:vomit:
Is there anyone left that still thinks the "insurgents" are only fighting to get the US out of the Middle-East? Does anyone still believes there's some good reasons behind the attacks on american troops in Iraq? Those mf's are not fighting for anything remotely good or relevant. They are butchers and nothing more.

yes, this is very diffrent from those other kids that died from american bombs and missiles

what are you talking about? their goal was obviously the americans soldiers, or did you fail to realize there would be no insurgency without the invasion?

this is horrible :shakehead

What the heck do these insurgents think they'll gain by killing children? I'm suprised they seem to put out more effort at killing civilians than coalition troops.

Riesstiu IV said:
What the heck do these insurgents think they'll gain by killing children? I'm suprised they seem to put out more effort at killing civilians than coalition troops.

Terror tactics. Unarmed civilians are easier to terrorize than armed troops.

blackheart said:
Terror tactics. Unarmed civilians are easier to terrorize than armed troops.

actually according to some right wing people this is the perfect example of collateral damage!

military target, but civilians were standing near the target, they went ahead with the attack

not that i care what you call it, neither should anyone else
call it collateral or terrorism, thats just propaganda

in both cases, its murder, whatever you choose to call it

The children had gathered around US troops who were handing out sweets at the opening of a water treatment plant.
Reminds me of that scene from Apocalypse Now:

I've seen horrors... horrors that you've seen. But you have no right to call me a murderer. You have a right to kill me. You have a right to do that... but you have no right to judge me. It's impossible for words to describe what is necessary to those who do not know what horror means. Horror. Horror has a face... and you must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared. They are truly enemies. I remember when I was with Special Forces. Seems a thousand centuries ago. We went into a camp to inoculate the children. We left the camp after we had inoculated the children for Polio, and this old man came running after us and he was crying. He couldn't see. We went back there and they had come and hacked off every inoculated arm. There they were in a pile. A pile of little arms. And I remember... I... I... I cried. I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn't know what I wanted to do. And I want to remember it. I never want to forget it. I never want to forget. And then I realized... like I was shot... like I was shot with a diamond... a diamond bullet right through my forehead. And I thought: My God... the genius of that. The genius. The will to do that. Perfect, genuine, complete, crystalline, pure. And then I realized they were stronger than we. Because they could stand that these were not monsters. These were men... trained cadres. These men who fought with their hearts, who had families, who had children, who were filled with love... but they had the strength... the strength... to do that. If I had ten divisions of those men our troubles here would be over very quickly. You have to have men who are moral... and at the same time who are able to utilize their primordial instincts to kill without feeling... without passion... without judgment... without judgment. Because it's judgment that defeats us.

Riesstiu IV said:
They want civil war, shia vs sunni vs Kurd.

Top Bottom