Horse Archers on Mars. Settler, Turn 161, 1000 A.D Science Victory.

:goodjob: vans163

May I ask why you haven't played competitive games in Civ 5?

Another question - which early techs you left to get overflow?

I did not really like Civ5's randomness, you really needed a perfect map (3-4 mountains to settle near), peaceful neighbours to trade gold with, etc.

Civ6 seems more flexible as you do not need to really roll that 98% perfect map to have a sub 200 science victory.

I end up leaving everything not related to chemistry unfilled, so the entire bottom of the tree and the bottom middle. Going straight for the space stuff.

But the correct play is say a low tech costs 90 beakers, but chemistry right now is taking 2 turns. So complete the low tech, the snowball science now makes chemistry take 1 turn.
So in both cases you completed chemistry in 2 turns, except now you also got a free low level tech off the table.

I tried a strategy at the end of that game were I gave my cities to another civilisation then declared war and pillages the science districts which give +25 science, but they did not pop
a new tech every pillage. Popping a Great Scientist (+science per mountain/wonder/rainforest) does pop a tech though.

Maybe in a few days will attempt at a sub 100 and post the turn 1 of course, so others can try. This map I posted is not the best.

Geneva is a must, I found that once you eliminate like 3-4 civs, the remaining civ tends to be peaceful.

More critical then all this is a PERFECT early game. If you waste 5-8 turns before turn 45, you will fail. As that 5-8 turns will turn into 10-20 once the game progresses.

If anyone wants to try this map. No Geneva, no super close neighbour, but it has 2 horses in capital and 2 science city states. So you do not need to build an extra settler before you can start chopping horsemen. Also the way the AI civs are spread out, it looks like you can sweep up 4 civs with 2 streams of horsemen. There does not appear to be any chokepoints.

Im starting to wonder if you can just trade for the second horse / 2 horses. Then conquer the AI you traded with to control the horse.

Attachments

• Diety-Try2-Turn1.Civ6Save
    290.8 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
Well done!

Now I can only hope current version will be the last to allow such ridiculous victory times.

Haha I like it actually. Its something different. When was the last time a Civ game allowed such a wide empire and such a fast victory. The play time thought was long, multiple wars + many cities really takes long to plan every turn. Sometimes I wish we can go back to playing Tall, it has a huge effect on game length. (And this is with Quick UIs Shift to open cities + smart banners)

Haha I like it actually. Its something different. When was the last time a Civ game allowed such a wide empire and such a fast victory.

Civ Rev. There was absolutely no cap on cities or pop. The top GOTM times were usually BC for all VCs. Granted they knew how to get the tech they wanted from each goodie hut, and saved them for important techs, and they knew which turn the ai would leave their cap open to a walk in and so forth. This game has a lot more going on than Civ Rev but it feels very similar in a lot of ways.

Top Bottom