Horse Artillery[WIP]

Wolfdog

Unit Butcher
Horse Artillery

Adds horse drawn artillery to Renaissance and Industrial Era's. Has a movement the same as cavalry units (4 by default) when limbered and operates the same as normal artillery when in battery. Going from limbered to battery will consume all remaining moves but you will be able to fire. Limbering guns costs 1 move however you cant limber if you shoot. Art is based on the British Royal Horse Artillery Regt.

NOTE: DLL required - either CP or Whowards should work.
V2 now out
Download Link

Known issues and still to do:

1. Icons do not show in Tech tree for some reason even though they work on the map. (If someone knows how to fix this please let me know) - Fixed in V2 Thanks Whoward
2. I don't have a custom mission button (its the same button as setup for range attack).
3. Moves remaining is not quite balanced between moving and shooting and vice versa. Suggestions welcome.
4. Dummy unit shows on tech tree unless you use JFD's mods due to some unknown thing in his code. - Fixed in V2 Thanks Whoward

Attachments

• Battery.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 1,176
  • Limbered.jpg
    Limbered.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2,684

1. Icons do not show in Tech tree for some reason even though they work on the map. (If someone knows how to fix this please let me know)

It's because your 45x45 image icon-sheet isn't a multiple of 4. If you resize it from 135x45 to 136x48 (with an offset of 0,0) and resave as RGBA8, the icons will show up in the tech tree.

Attachments

• HorseArtillery45.zip
    3.4 KB · Views: 171

4. Dummy unit shows on tech tree unless you use JFD's mods due to some unknown thing in his code.

The two units can share the same unit class (so the unlimbered version is a "unique unit" assigned to no civ)

Code:
	<UnitClasses>
		<Row>
			<Type>UNITCLASS_HORSE_ARTILLERY</Type>
			<Description>TXT_KEY_UNIT_HORSE_ARTILLERY</Description>
			<DefaultUnit>UNIT_HORSE_ARTILLERY_MOVE</DefaultUnit>
		</Row>
	</UnitClasses>
	<Units>
		<Row>
			<Class>UNITCLASS_HORSE_ARTILLERY</Class>
			<Type>UNIT_HORSE_ARTILLERY</Type>