1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Horsemen & Firebows

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by Swodhawk, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Swodhawk

Swodhawk Chieftain

Two questions keep poping up in my head when playing FFH:

1/ How to permit Horsemen to use Bronze & Iron weapons;
    2/ Is there a modmod displaying the other-than shaved and tattoed current forebow model.

I would be thankful to any helpful soul eager to give me a lift on one or two of the aforementioned topics.

Best regards,

2. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

1. go to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2 030\Assets\XML\Units\CIV4UNitInfos.xml, find the horsemen entry, find the <iWeaponTier> tag and change that number. A 0 means no weapons, a 1 means bronze only, 2 means bronze and iron, and 3 means bronze, iron and mithril. You may want t do this for the horemen UUs to, so perhaps you should do this for every unitclass_horseman instead of unit_horseman.

2. Not that I know of. changing
    Code:
    <iRangedWaveSize>3</iRangedWaveSize>
                    <UnitMeshGroup>
                        <iRequired>3</iRequired>
                        <EarlyArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_UNIT_FIREBOW</EarlyArtDefineTag>
                    </UnitMeshGroup>
                </UnitMeshGroups>
    for the firebows should do the trick. I'd probably just replace ART_DEF_UNIT_FIREBOW with ART_DEF_UNIT_LONGBOW to use the normal longbow graphics.

3. Swodhawk

Swodhawk Chieftain

Many thanks, Magister!

Regarding the Firebow, I have a faint memory of a statment made by seZ regarding some other model done.

But the most important is that in my current game, Viconia's foraging riders will become a true thorn in my side :goodjob:

4. seZereth

seZereth FfH´s art monk(ey)

I was talking about the Amurite Marksman (the actual AoI Longbowman, if you played the scenario). so, find the art_defines for the marksman and change it to that. (I prefer that one over the current one too ;) )

5. Swodhawk

Swodhawk Chieftain

Thanks seZ. Your help - and work - is much appreciated over there!

6. westamastaflash

westamastaflash Lord Commander

I really think horsemen should get to use these weapons as part of the main mod. Perhaps tone down their strength to 3 and give them the ability to use these weapons then? Their strength is primarily in their movement, but they did use swords for years and years...