Hot Air Balloons to replace Fireworks

Pounder

Phaethon was here
I wanted to have some thing that was always visible, and it is nice to have alternatives.:)

It actually works quite nicely in game, if I say so myself.

Attachments

• Balloon.zip
    28.5 KB · Views: 659
  • 4balloonsFireworksDefault170framedelay.gif
    4balloonsFireworksDefault170framedelay.gif
    135.7 KB · Views: 659
  • blpre.png
    blpre.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 814
I do hope you'll realize that this will be going directly into the FF mod....

They look almost like the Ballons over Luca in FF X (especially with my FF X style cities that I made).

I do hope you'll realize that this will be going directly into the FF mod....

They look almost like the Ballons over Luca in FF X (especially with my FF X style cities that I made).

Thanks

I had thoughts of Crono Trigger as well when I was making these, I know that they were just party balloons in that game, but that was inspiring.

Someone else, I think Spacer One mentioned ballons like at a sporting event, Indy 500 type thing. Maybe they could be made as well.

Actually, the ballons over Luca in FF WERE hot air and Gas ballons, big ones too, which is why I'm using this particular mod.

thanks everyone! this is amazing, i love civilization and the whole sid meier following. to celebrate this, i wanted to share some of the most amazing pics of FISH - yes yes - i found, check here: click. don't you just love them and find them highly inspiring? i have a fish tank i use to win strategy games :)

;)Jason

Very Nice! As you said, a nice alternative to fireworks.:goodjob::)

I just had a thought. Pounder, can you create the Reef as a unit? If so, it could be placed eactly where we want it. It can be made immoble, given attack and defense strength, much like a sea mine. It could even be made invisible, like an uncharted reef. I played with idea using your graphics, but I am no unit creator and mine won't work. I was able to create a reef resource, but resources have no A/D or bomberd so it won't do what a reef should do.

Here are the files I made. Couldn't get the View attachment Reef.rar unit to work but the resource seems to work ok.

I just had a thought. Pounder, can you create the Reef as a unit? If so, it could be placed eactly where we want it. It can be made immoble, given attack and defense strength, much like a sea mine. It could even be made invisible, like an uncharted reef. I played with idea using your graphics, but I am no unit creator and mine won't work. I was able to create a reef resource, but resources have no A/D or bomberd so it won't do what a reef should do.

Here are the files I made. Couldn't get the View attachment 238799 unit to work but the resource seems to work ok.

I think that this would be beyond my capabilities.

Maybe one of the unit makers would take a look.

Guardian: this is a strange thread to find this conversation indeed, as it seems to have nothing to do with balloons at all. Lucky for you, I monitor balloon threads. Try looking at Vuldacon's Cargo unit for an example of a non-animated resource-type unit. Vuldacon is the master of animate inanimates. For an idea of how to make an animated resource/unit work, take a good close look at Jewmpaloompa's Waterfall. Perhaps you chose this thread because of Pounder's excellent balloons. Good choice, but (correct me if I'm wrong) aren't there are differences between this and a regular unit? Palette, perhaps? The good news is these will be seen in the Steampunk Lost Worlds Mod sometime soon.

Guardian: this is a strange thread to find this conversation indeed, as it seems to have nothing to do with balloons at all. Lucky for you, I monitor balloon threads. Try looking at Vuldacon's Cargo unit for an example of a non-animated resource-type unit. Vuldacon is the master of animate inanimates. For an idea of how to make an animated resource/unit work, take a good close look at Jewmpaloompa's Waterfall. Perhaps you chose this thread because of Pounder's excellent balloons. Good choice, but (correct me if I'm wrong) aren't there are differences between this and a regular unit? Palette, perhaps? The good news is these will be seen in the Steampunk Lost Worlds Mod sometime soon.

Thanks for the excellent advice Balthasar. I posted my reply here for 2 reasons. First because the reef graphics are here and second out of great respect for pounder and his work. If I ered in placing the post here, I apologise. I suppose I could have sent pounder a PM, but then you would not have seen this post and I would not have gained the benefit of your advices. Thanks again to both you and pounder.

Top Bottom