Hot Seat Starting Locations

etipton3

Chieftain
Greetings,

My wife and I have played hot seat some 20+ times and every single time we play, we are always on the same continent, relatively next to each other...which sucks. I have tried everything I could think of to change the randomness, I have had player 2, the wife, start as play 2 through 8 as well as getting complete different types of civilizations to prevent the starting location bias from kicking in. Nothing seems to work... Anyone else experience this or know of a possible solution?

:king:Sit biscuits, another 267 turns...:goodjob:

Greetings,

My wife and I have played hot seat some 20+ times and every single time we play, we are always on the same continent, relatively next to each other...which sucks. I have tried everything I could think of to change the randomness, I have had player 2, the wife, start as play 2 through 8 as well as getting complete different types of civilizations to prevent the starting location bias from kicking in. Nothing seems to work... Anyone else experience this or know of a possible solution?

:king:Sit biscuits, another 267 turns...:goodjob:

Try large islands, small continents or archipelago perhaps?

i like starting near my gf on hotseat, since we play on teams since it wouldn't be much fun to cause bad blood by rushing her and knocking her out of the game early, whereas it's nice to be able to come to her rescue with my army or vice versa.

Just disable start bias the game automaticly puts you close together if you are a team

nice! I didn't know this.. I've had to keep reloading games to ensure i start close in games, which is such a pain, with no reload map option currently. err.. nevermind,

nice! I didn't know this.. I've had to keep reloading games to ensure i start close in games, which is such a pain, with no reload map option currently. err.. nevermind,

If this doesn't work you could pick maps like four corners , West Vs north , and duel

WHich has the options if teams should start together or not ad advanced setup.

Top Bottom