1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Hotseat a must have

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by oscogmo, Sep 24, 2010.

1. oscogmo

oscogmo Chieftain

Love the game its the best Civ yet by far, but if they do not add Hotseat it would be devastating to me.
    when you play Civ Hotseat its the same as a game of chess on a board with a friend, you can see there moves but its not so easy to work out there strategy
    chess over the internet is fun but not as much fun as both people playing on the same board and its the same for Civilization. Hotseat is the best way to play it and I'm sure anyone who has played it that way with friends would agree.

2. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

Is it wrong to play hotseat by yourself?

That is what I like to do. Choose two or three Civs (usually in different regions) and play through with each of them in one game. :D

3. Masher8559

Masher8559 Chieftain

Its not wrong, i would play hotseat with either mates,girlfriend or even myself.

I am so disappointed its been removed!

4. Newcomer24

Newcomer24 Warlord

Well... they promised to add it later after release, I fear it won't be anytime soon though.

5. dannythefool

dannythefool King

There was an old interview, I don't remember where I saw it, that said they were going to add more multiplayer modes in the weeks after release. Let's hope hotseat and pbem are included.

6. Schuesseled

Schuesseled Deity

if i were to guess, i'd expect to see PBEM, pitboss and hotseat arrive around christmas, but of course thats a swing in the dark.

7. nekom

nekom Warlord

I've done that a few times in cIV, kinda interesting but it gets really confusing after awhile.

8. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I've tried that a couple times with two civs. I usually get bored by the industrial age. And the games take twice of long naturally. :).

I used to play axis and allies against myself when I was a kid and didn't have any friends to play with. I guess I'm weird that way.

9. Thorburne

Thorburne Centurion

Yeah... they do tend to take longer. I usually do it with premade maps (like Earth) and select Civs that are pretty far apart (usually, America, Rome and Japan).