Hotseat coming to Civ5 in next patch

Moss

CFC Scribe
Retired Moderator
2K Greg has announced that Hotseat is the "much-requested addition" coming in the next patch that is slated to be released in June or early July.
As many of you know, I mentioned in the most recent patch notes that there will be a "much-requested addition" coming soon. Well, now the mystery is over:

Hotseat is coming in the next big patch, which is currently slated for a June or possibly early July release.

For those of you that do not know, Hotseat is a method of playing multiplayer where multiple players take turns on the same computer. When one player's turn is over, they get up and let the other player sit down to play their turn. We've received many requests for the ETA for this mode being added to the game and so I'm very happy to get to bring this to you guys today.

Also, this patch will contain far more than just Hotseat. The other details of the patch will be revealed in the future, but I wanted to get you guys this big news as soon as I could!

This is rather exciting news

Hotseat is the "much requested addition"???????? Wasn't it "much promised pre-release" feature???

Although I appreciate the attempt to make MP more enjoyable in Civ 5, I must say that Pitboss would be a more useful feature to be bringing back. If I may say so, with the amount of people who own their own personal computer these days, it is hard for me to imagine many gamers playing a game on a single computer anymore (not to say that some still don't).

I will believe it when I see it.

If it is true though, I might actually buy the game now. Until then, back to CivIV.

This is great news. I prefer hotseat to online play because it's just much more fun to have your friend in the same room.

This is great news. I prefer hotseat to online play because it's just much more fun to have your friend in the same room.

For myself i'm the only one who like to play this game from all the people i know. Hotseat is sort of useless for me. But other features? What can they be?

Maybe other things that may help mp situation.

Hotseat is the "much requested addition"???????? Wasn't it "much promised pre-release" feature???

It was.They don't care about it.We should be happy or else they will want $$$ for it.

Disappointed. Actually pissed off. I expected something more. How about an acceptable multiplayer experience? I think it's safe to say they're never going to add MP animations or MP AI leader popups.

I will believe it when I see it.

If it is true though, I might actually buy the game now. Until then, back to CivIV.

I love how you have an Oda Nobunaga avatar and don't have Civilization V...

Kinda strange.

Anyways, this is great, but tbh I never expect the patch to be so far from now, I thought it would be a couple weeks from this recent one :p

I love how you have an Oda Nobunaga avatar and don't have Civilization V...

Kinda strange.

I call it frivolous, but that's just me. :p Anyway, this is excellent news, I've been waiting for this to come. We'll be trying it out here.

I really do find difficulty in the community's general negativaty in the game; I used to fault the game on it's Social Policies and Cultural Victory, but with the recent patches making such a game far easier to achieve I can no longer fault the game on any level. Seriously, what is wrong with the game? Civilization V has genuine potential as a Civilization game that for now cannot be reached because we as a community are too busy moaning about technical issues. What am I missing? :confused:

Glad they got this sorted even though i doubt i'll use it.

I'm more interested in the 'far more than just hotseat'. whatever it is, I hope they buff some of the SP trees (without nerfing the current Tradition and Liberty), especially Honour, Commerce and most importantly, Autocracy (which nobody ever uses seeing as Liberty is awesome).

I call it frivolous, but that's just me. :p Anyway, this is excellent news, I've been waiting for this to come. We'll be trying it out here.

I really do find difficulty in the community's general negativaty in the game; I used to fault the game on it's Social Policies and Cultural Victory, but with the recent patches making such a game far easier to achieve I can no longer fault the game on any level. Seriously, what is wrong with the game? Civilization V has genuine potential as a Civilization game that for now cannot be reached because we as a community are too busy moaning about technical issues. What am I missing? :confused:

Its very difficult to unscramble an egg. Moreso when the chef insists on doing it with a hammer...

Perhaps I'm missing something, but wouldn't hotseat multiplayer be the absolute easiest type to implement? The kind of multiplayer we've been seeing in this type of game since, oh, M.U.L.E. in the early 80's? How about a more modern multiplayer that doesn't have to re-sync every 3-4 turns past the medieval era (with often bizarre results and universally missed turns for AI players)? A multiplayer where we can actually use mods, in the supposedly most moddable Civ ever?

Hotseat?! Come on. I don't think I've played a hotseat multiplayer game since the '80s. Are they serious? With everything else they could add, this is it?

Yeah, this is pretty much my response to this. I have to give 2K credit for listening to their fans, but come on; hotseat was anachronistic when I first tried it ten years ago.

Top Bottom