Hotseat coming to Civ5 in next patch

Discussion in 'News Updates' started by Moss, May 5, 2011.

1. Moss

Moss CFC Scribe Retired Moderator

2K Greg has announced that Hotseat is the "much-requested addition" coming in the next patch that is slated to be released in June or early July.

2. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

This is rather exciting news

3. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

Hotseat is the "much requested addition"???????? Wasn't it "much promised pre-release" feature???

4. SKILORD

SKILORD Insurgent

Hallelujah!

5. andy52584

andy52584 Chieftain

Although I appreciate the attempt to make MP more enjoyable in Civ 5, I must say that Pitboss would be a more useful feature to be bringing back. If I may say so, with the amount of people who own their own personal computer these days, it is hard for me to imagine many gamers playing a game on a single computer anymore (not to say that some still don't).

6. SemperFi2382

SemperFi2382 Mitten Marauder

I will believe it when I see it.

If it is true though, I might actually buy the game now. Until then, back to CivIV.

7. CaesarSneezy

CaesarSneezy Chieftain

This is great news. I prefer hotseat to online play because it's just much more fun to have your friend in the same room.

8. Cruel

Cruel King

Every new feature to the game is good. But expect something more.

9. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Cut your lousy hairs!

For myself i'm the only one who like to play this game from all the people i know. Hotseat is sort of useless for me. But other features? What can they be?

Maybe other things that may help mp situation.

10. MoonFlare

MoonFlare Prince

It was.They don't care about it.We should be happy or else they will want $$$ for it.

11. Maxor127

Maxor127 Warlord

Disappointed. Actually pissed off. I expected something more. How about an acceptable multiplayer experience? I think it's safe to say they're never going to add MP animations or MP AI leader popups.

12. Oohforf

Oohforf Praise loud, blame soft.

I love how you have an Oda Nobunaga avatar and don't have Civilization V...

Kinda strange.

Anyways, this is great, but tbh I never expect the patch to be so far from now, I thought it would be a couple weeks from this recent one :p

13. chrissifniotis

chrissifniotis GoogleCiv 2.0.0 coming...

I call it frivolous, but that's just me. :p Anyway, this is excellent news, I've been waiting for this to come. We'll be trying it out here.

I really do find difficulty in the community's general negativaty in the game; I used to fault the game on it's Social Policies and Cultural Victory, but with the recent patches making such a game far easier to achieve I can no longer fault the game on any level. Seriously, what is wrong with the game? Civilization V has genuine potential as a Civilization game that for now cannot be reached because we as a community are too busy moaning about technical issues. What am I missing? :confused:

14. kamex

kamex Emperor

Glad they got this sorted even though i doubt i'll use it.

I'm more interested in the 'far more than just hotseat'. whatever it is, I hope they buff some of the SP trees (without nerfing the current Tradition and Liberty), especially Honour, Commerce and most importantly, Autocracy (which nobody ever uses seeing as Liberty is awesome).

15. SHADOW-XIII

SHADOW-XIII Chieftain

at last!
    I see something moved after all those raging comments on facebook :D

16. hewhocaves

hewhocaves Chieftain

Its very difficult to unscramble an egg. Moreso when the chef insists on doing it with a hammer...

17. clearbeard

clearbeard King

Perhaps I'm missing something, but wouldn't hotseat multiplayer be the absolute easiest type to implement? The kind of multiplayer we've been seeing in this type of game since, oh, M.U.L.E. in the early 80's? How about a more modern multiplayer that doesn't have to re-sync every 3-4 turns past the medieval era (with often bizarre results and universally missed turns for AI players)? A multiplayer where we can actually use mods, in the supposedly most moddable Civ ever?

18. darkedone02

darkedone02 The Suggestor

I don't into pitboss or hotseat... I don't get into multiplayer on civilization anyways.

19. sav

sav Prince

Hotseat?! Come on. I don't think I've played a hotseat multiplayer game since the '80s. Are they serious? With everything else they could add, this is it?

20. Jabarto

Jabarto Emperor

Yeah, this is pretty much my response to this. I have to give 2K credit for listening to their fans, but come on; hotseat was anachronistic when I first tried it ten years ago.