Hotseat crash

Achille44

Chieftain
Last week end I tried the Hotseat mod with a friend on the Europe 39-45 scenario, playing France and UK, but the game crash every time we end the turn.
I reinstalled the mod, but the problem is still here.
So here is my lua log. I hope it will be useful.

Attachments

• Lua.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 89
Having the same crash as Achillle44, above. Tried hotseat as Germany and USSR, with and without scripts enabled, and got a crash after the first turn every time. Same thing would happen on the Huge Earth map, the Europe '39 Map, and Stalingrad. Not sure what it could be that is goofing with the hotseat feature...

I think it has already been mentionned, but I can't play Hotseat. It crashes at the begining of every turn. If I try to reload, it sometimes works, but crashes again on the next turn and so on.

I have no problem with the single player mode. I'm playing with V36 and V4 Data Files.

Thanks for your work on this mod (by far the best I know).

I think it has already been mentionned, but I can't play Hotseat. It crashes at the begining of every turn. If I try to reload, it sometimes works, but crashes again on the next turn and so on.

I have no problem with the single player mode. I'm playing with V36 and V4 Data Files.

Thanks for your work on this mod (by far the best I know).
Yes, still on the to do list, but I won't have time to look at it until BNW is released, sorry.

What is strange about hotseat is that it works with Earth 1942, but doesn't with the other scenarios (not even Earth 1936). What can be the difference ?

What is strange about hotseat is that it works with Earth 1942, but doesn't with the other scenarios (not even Earth 1936). What can be the difference ?

I think Earth 1942 is the least updated scenario, it's code is like a time capsule. The difference between it and the other scenarios is probably the answer to the hotseat problem.

if it's linked to custom events, have you tried the small Europe ? almost no script on that one...

After some effort I managed to get the mod work. We tried hotseat mode in European theatre scenario. We chose Germany and Italy. After Italy's first turn game crashes. Downloaded mod components today from ingame server and manually downloaded that .dll file from your link.

I'm not using Gods and kings exspansion and I'm using the latest CIV5 patch. After first crash I restarted civ and used load hotseatgame option and same thing happened again.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: After looking forums it seems this doesn't work whit the latest patch.

Whit the lastest patch game runs fine whit single player (40 turns whit greece) but it crashes whit hotseat mode. Games crashes at the beginning of the first players second turn. I believe this file has more information
View attachment civilizationv_dx11_379995_crash_2013_7_15T16_32_33C0.7z

Forum doesn't seem to allow uploading .MDMP so I packed it whit 7zip.
Ask if you need more information. I wasn't sure where to find it.

Edit: Attached file was whit europe 1939. We also tried whit world 1942 whit same result.

Edit2: Europe+North America 1936 seems to work.

Edit3: Some advice?

Time to look at that (I don't mean today, but ASAP)

I did, and the small europe do crash as well. The number of human players has no effect on the crash either, I tried a hotseat game with just one human player and it still crashed as soon as it was my next turn.

I've done 2 small tests (3 turns) on Stalingrad and Europe 39-45, no crashes.

It happens immediately after the first turn ?

Indeed. I can play the 1st turn no problem. Then I press end turn and then go into players 2 turn. The game then crash while it load the turn, the map get loaded but it seem to have a problem loading units. They do appear but the game crash before animations kick in.

Indeed. I can play the 1st turn no problem. Then I press end turn and then go into players 2 turn. The game then crash while it load the turn, the map get loaded but it seem to have a problem loading units. They do appear but the game crash before animations kick in.

Have you tried it since the last patch ?

Top Bottom