Hotseat Issue

volbound1700

Emperor
I am playing a hot seat game right now and I decide to play ever civ since 3000 BC and I have had a problem with research. The research is getting ridiculous, for example it is costing most civs 8000-9000 research points to get teachs like Compass or Feudalism. None of the Civs are advancing despite buildling libraries, spawning great people, etc.

Anyone else had a problem? Is this a bug?

never happened before, as far as i know...

Hmmm... I mean it fixed itself once and then went back into it. Has anyone ever tried doing a full hotseat game with all civs from 3000BC? Do you think there may be something wierd to cause it, such as if one civ gets too far advanced it slows down research until the others catch up or the expansion slows research stuff (maybe it is counting all of my expansion by all the civs and not just expansion for each civ).

I mean I am sticking libraries in cities, getting great scientists like crazy actually and doing research and they don't even put a dent into the research. I mean I used a great scientist on compass for one civ and still after using it, it was saying I had 44 turns.

I am just thinking maybe I did something to mess it up or maybe since I am all the civs that is the problem.

I'm playing with every civ and I don't have such a problem yet (maybe because I'm still in early Medieval age and as quite a few civs I played "not very well"). Though I've got other problem- with a spawn of new civ some cities are razed instead of flipping. It's the case with Jerusalem for Arabia and Roman cities in Gaul with France (and that is insane- cities were razed BUT they still produce culture, I can build there buildings by a pop ups and I can't build cities there).

I've had the same problem as LuKo as France,and then when the Romans or Spanish took a city,i could see them all.

Me too, with all civs selected as playable, tech cost are huge, the oldest civs having the biggest cost which never decreases. But the newer civs costs are expensive too (for instance guilds are 7500 beakers). And I've reached early 1200s

I think I have encountered the same problem too.
Just the other day I tried playing all civs for a spin and at some point the tech costs started increasing.
It started I think somewhere between turns 70-80, at least I then noticed that Babylonia Monarchy progress jumped to 2 or 3 more turns (the "remaining turns" counter increased).

Might it be so that there is either:
A) a modifier for each human player in game (so all human player civs get more expensive tech if there are more human players)
B) if human player is doing well, the tech cost is increased (I was doing well and was slightly ahead of time in tech)

I played another game with only 5-6 civs and it is doing the same thing. Tech is increasing over time. For example for China, Animal Domestication went from 8 turns a little while ago to twelve. Mathematics is 39 turns, Alphabet in the 40s and this is Greece with Athens at level 6 with a Library and Byzantium at level 6 with a library. It should not be this hard. It is the case with all the civs. Some of the later techs are requiring 10,000s of RP.

Anyone made a patch for it?

Just wanted to bump this because I have this problem and it really kills what should be a phenomenally good game. Are there any fixes/tips on how to fix?

Top Bottom