Hotseat

MadmanAtW

Knight
I find that I doubt that any of this is fixable through a mod, but I found myself wondering.

Hot seat multiplayer play is hugely, hugely broken as it stands. The game treats it as a singleplayer game in a number of ways- one obvious one is that we see the wonder building animations. But more importantly, only player 1 gets the start of turn announcements, like finding out that a religion has been founded, or that an AI has built a wonder, or that someone was first to Liberalism, or that a city was conquered. This is an utterly huge information advantage to the first player.

Is this something that could be fixed?

Well, player 2 gets announcements when player 1 finishes things.

So my assumption is that at the end of each turn, all of that turn's accomplishments are broadcast. As the batch of AIs go, when they're done all their accomplishments are sent to all the players... but only player 1 has a screen that shows it to him. (Actually, I could test that. Lemme see if player 2 has the information in his event log.)

Just opened the hotseat game- they were in the event log. So that lends evidence to my suspicion. (I'll bet if we started a game where the humans were players 1 and 7, player 7 would get all of the information.)

Top Bottom