HOTW2 continues!

Which of these rulers of Australia would you favour?

• Paul Keating - ill from radiation sickness from experimenting with nukes

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Saul de Notre - man of peace and space

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Dame de Notre - WAAR descendent, world domination

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deity

Chieftain
OOC (Out of Character - in the HOTW2 story):

I've decided to post my story threads here and provide links at Apolyton. I basically find the Apolyton regime that is controlling some of the Civ forums rather oppressive and it was suggested we use Civ Fanatics! There are other problems there, like only being allowed one thread per game, which restricts the ability to do polls!

---

FYI: deity = me = leader of the orange Australian civ, which was run by my story character Paul Keating.
He lies dying from radiation sickness in a Broken Hill Hospital.
His rival, Saul de Notre, has disappeared, fearing that Paul has sent assassins to kill him.
His partner, Dame de Notre, with WAAR (Israeli) roots, is also Paul's lover. Paul has bequeathed control of Australia to her. She is a fanatic with future telling skills and medieval 'gifts'. She uses THE VOICE to control the democratic Australian parliament (see the poll I'll be posting)

Australia has threatened to attack any nation that attempts to build the Manhatten Terror.

Likewise the Zulus (drake) have said they will attack any nation building Apollo.

It is 1650 AD. It is the beginning of a new year. Captain Morant, the brilliant military strategist, had orders to take all of South America from the Zulus. SHE was quite specific and despite Morant's attempts to minimise the conquest SHE said she wanted it all! Morant succeeded and was honoured with the order of the Breaker, named after the killer wave at Bondi.
Henceforth he was known as Breaker Morant and fear swept amongst enemies wherever he went.
The indigenous and mixed peoples of South America we delighted to be re-united and praised Breaker Morant with love and fear in their hearts. They never knew of HER, the Dame, or of the treachury of THE VOICE....

to be continued....

The Rulers

Paul Keating:
Obsessed with nuclear potential, suffering from radiation sickness. He may die. If he lives he will probably build the Manhatten Wonder and cause trouble. He may try and launch a Space Ship but only if there is no competetion. He wants Saul dead. His true love is Dame de Notre, the partner of Saul de Notre....
Has a love/hate thing with the EU but will probably destroy them.
HATES the Mali.
Loved the Mongols but NOT the UAS.
Great friends with Chinese and acts as though he has a secret alliance with them Feels he saved China from the Mali with clever diplomacy and power play on the international stage.

Saul de Notre:
Long time rival of Paul's. Comes from the Manning line, which is surprising considering the gay nature of Manning and his ties with Israel. From this background he met the Dame, the future teller from Persia, and fell in love. Unfortunately so did Paul.
Saul is a man of peace and will build a space ship, most likely.
Paranoid of Zulu aggression; and also hates the Mali.
Wary of Paul's closeness with Chinese. Saul sees them as a Space rival.
Fond of Mongols and Israelis but detests the volatility of their politics and hot-headed nature.

Dame de Notre:
Loves both men but will allow Paul to die from Radiation sickness and aid in the assasination of Saul, as requested by Paul.
Believes in world domination. Will ally with the WAAR and form a fascist regime together to wipe out all nations. She believes her skills in WAAR diplomacy and feminine wiles will precipitate this holy union - SHE SEES IT, it is written.

---

we like to encourage civ activity rather than mock it as boring or unimportant :rolleyes:

I voted for Dame de Notre.Keating is sick and will most likely pass anyway.Saul de Notre should get a high cabinet post.Or the other way round.

1645 AD

Australia had been gaining much intelligence during Paul's era about the Zulu plans to form a united front against the 'combo', meaning Australia and China. The Zulus had technically declared war on Australia long ago and during this period the Aussies had shot down airlifts of troops from Africa to South America. It was clear they were organising a military build up in SA before launching a massive assault on Australian cities in Western South America. The Dame needed none of this of course. She was hell bent on world domination but with Saul still at large she was not completely safe for Saul had also learnt the gift of THE VOICE.

---

The South American Mission was meticulously planned.
Australia had 257 units, all of them veteran trained. There was a mix of Ralphs, Tanks, Paras, Marines, a few missiles and ships.
Estimation of enemy defences: Strong, expected to be vets, maybe with city walls.

Phase One - Drop Paratroopers behind enemy lines and secure roadways.

Phase Two - Investigate cities, starting with Cusco to determine defences.

Phase Three - If there are city walls attack with Ralphitzers, otherwise use up old artillery and Marines.

Phase Four - Take cities with damaged units to regain strength, ensuring no roadways are blocked by ecsaping Partisans.

Phase Five - Fortify Paras in cities captured.

Phase Six - Once the entire continent is secured in Australian hands use remaining resources to bribe as many Fascist ZULU Partsians as possible. Kill the remainder, if possible.

RESULT: TOTAL SUCCESS

Started with 257 units, finished with a net gain of units, expected to be well over 260 units.

Gained 13 new cities, liberated and re-united South America.

The Dame ordered Breaker Morant to consolidate defences in South America and expect nasty retaliations from the Zulu homeland of Africa.

The Mali allys of Zulu are expected to be non-aggresive since new lucrative trade routes have been opened up to them.

Official position: Mali, WAAR and China are the only nations who have the right to trade with Australia.

Unbeknowns to HER Captain Morant made secret diplomatic overtures to Jerokam, leader of the Zulus. They were both strong military men and Morant needed to know Jerokams's thoughts on the strategy used by Australia. Jerokam, having lost many millions of people from his empire was not in a mod for such technical discussion and retorted by satelite phone:

"...well executed, but nothing brilliant...had an equally sized force that was anticipating war, I would give you props"

---

Other missions were a disaster and got worse... TOP SECRET

No information available yet.

SHE was not impressed and Saladin and the other military Generals were skating on thin ice. But the Aussie front in the UAS/China war on our Asian doorstep was directly under her control.... this kept her thougts very focussed. China had been very impressive but were suing for peace. How pathetic. Or, how treacherous?

to be continued...

As Breaker Morant ego-tripped with Jerokam it was realised after listening to the taped call that Jerokam had actually left the room but it seemed as though he had other nations leaders with him:

To Dictator Jerokam, Mr. Mitchell Auldinsky, Dictator Rashid, President Prometheus, President Genghis Khan (A.D. 1650): I got all week to prepare my attack on UAS:)
From Dictator Rashid (A.D. 1650): sigh
From President Genghis Khan (A.D. 1650): wonderful....
From President Prometheus (A.D. 1650): :)
From Dictator Jerokam (A.D. 1650): sigh again
From President Genghis Khan (A.D. 1650): i'm gonna know what its like to be in your shoes Dictator Rashid
To Dictator Jerokam, Mr. Mitchell Auldinsky, Dictator Rashid, President Prometheus, President Genghis Khan (A.D. 1650): You build Manhatten Jerokam and I wipe you out totally
To Dictator Jerokam, Mr. Mitchell Auldinsky, Dictator Rashid, President Prometheus, President Genghis Khan (A.D. 1650): :)
From Dictator Rashid (A.D. 1650): LOL....nighters, guys
From President Prometheus (A.D. 1650): There is always peace
To Mr. Mitchell Auldinsky, Dictator Rashid, President Prometheus, President Genghis Khan (A.D. 1650): Guess he didn't hear me...

Morant frowned. "Damn him! Such a *nice* miserable pest! If it wasn't for HER I'd let them be."

The people of the SunTzu Province of Austrailia voted for Dame de Notre :D

Peace is the way, I voted for Saul.

A vote for Saul is a vote for peace, a vote for freedom and justice. Something Australia has always stood by until these latest horrible attacks on South America.

Vote for Saul or you too may feel an Aussie incursion!

(This message paid for by the European "We ALSO don't want to die" campaign)

Top Bottom