1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Housing of Esrael

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Scenarios' started by Asjo, May 22, 2006.

1. Asjo

Asjo Warlord

I have noticed that all scenarios here are normally based on a historic model or contain a particular theme. Personally, when I play this game, I have certain things I always like to be ingredients. I like certain battles, I like the maps to be very big and the empires to be durable and different. I have had several scenarios in mind for my own pleasure, but so far a fulfillment has been squandered by the fact that the is no way to stop techonoly advance in the game. I used quite some time to make this scenario which is based on a map my with the Atlas map tool, to which I have made a few changed myself. There are many islands and big continents of decent prosperity. I controlled one civilization myself and made a few changed through the editor to adjust power and diplomacy. I called it Housing of Esrael for some reason.

Specification for my scenario

Game style: Aggressive AI and conquest only, the way I like it (other ways of winning don't really make sense to me).
    Technology: Should be around the renessaince era. Technology exchange being forbidden and the game set to 'marathon' should keep things from getting too modern for a while, hopefully.
    Players: 18 nations (all different nations, no double leaders).
    Map size: Giant (notice you need GOOD computer to run this, it's bigger than huge, the biggest map size normally)

Idea

There is much to do in this scenario. Who will you be? Togukawa and Genghis Khan, mighty warlords with weak empries ready to fall at their borders. The desperate English who have been cornered and seek for a way to make their empire grow. The undeveloped Russias who have a big island almost at their disposal. The superior Egyptians, who have the most developed empire and greatest riches, as well as the commander Ramzes (war chariot with many upgrades), but not much of an army. The Incans who, undisturbed, have developed into a great empire and now face the Arabs, their great neighboors who control the other half of their continent. The Romans with the perfected and well-established empire, yet untouched by war. The Americans who have been forced to start a sea empire, ejected from their lands.

Hopefully this will provide and challenge and and interesting purpose for people who try it out. I will be eager to hear any experience people have had with the scenario, although technical feedback probably won't lead to many changes by me as I'm not interested in perfecting this as a scenario, but rather offering it to people as an interesting game to try out, instead of having to start a custom game from scratch.

Enjoy (scenario attached).

2. Asjo

Asjo Warlord

For some reason the attachment did not work. I suppose it was too big. So, I have zipped the scenario for your comfort.

Attached Files:

3. elderotter

elderotter Otter King

Stupid question number 1 - put this in the mod file correct?

4. Asjo

Asjo Warlord

Well, there is no mod for this, it's just normal Civilization. So, just put in in the WorldBuilder directory in your Civ4Saves directory.

Hope I understood you right.

5. elderotter

elderotter Otter King

yes you dide and yes I realized that when I was putting it in that it needed to go into public maps - works fine and looks great in fact awesome. thumbs up.

6. Asjo

Asjo Warlord

Added the scenario to the file database here.

7. ilr_18

ilr_18 Chieftain

Looks great, and sounds fun. Can't wait to try it, I'll tell you what I think once I play it.:D

8. konradlink

konradlink Chieftain

My dear friend; I know I seem late in getting your marevelous job; I just made the download now, I'm starting this evening and I share with you; but I can antecipate that for the approach I got I surely can expect a great work.