1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] How about instead of releasing Civ 7 Firaxis could change the rules and mechanics in Civ 6?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by KyivanRusCivPlease, May 20, 2021.

1. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Prince

The thought struck me that there is no need to create a completely new game like Civ 7 in the near future. Firaxis could just build on the Civ 6 engine and graphics and try and change the rules/features. But instead of a game with a different setting and plot (like Beyond Earth) it should be another regular historical Civ just reinterpreted/reimagined.

That would be easier for the devs and faster for players to get their hands on the game (plus I'm ok with Civ 6 graphics and hope the majority of players are).

Birch617 and tsf4 like this.
  2. Civilopedian

Civilopedian Chieftain

That's a nice idea but it doesn't make them any money and they need money to continue existing and pay their upkeep.

3. Timewarp

Timewarp Chieftain

Well my thought is to do as the OP is describing and then call it Civ VII. There are a lot of good and even brilliant ideas floating around in Civ VI. They just don't play nicely together.

The biggest thing they need to revisit are the victory conditions. Start there, and then make everything coordinate with the updated victory conditions. For marketing purposes they would need to add 3 more features. These forums alone have talked about way more than 3 that could be added, most of which would be expected to be tailored to the Industrial and later ages.

The second biggest thing they need to improve dramatically is AI. That has also been discussed to death. It does not have to be perfect, but it has to have a vision.

Since things come in threes, they need to improve the help documentation, including the details for things like reduced district pricing which has rules that it took quite a while for people here to figure out. Since district inflation is so high, and since it goes away if you prebuild a district and since this such a huge effect on civ growth, details about it and the desirability of preplacing districts is crucial. It would also help if placing a district on a forest or marsh would automatically include chopping that hex. This would be a good way to get people to see the desirability of chopping, with the help texts supporting it by providing details about just how much benefit chopping gives.

If preplacing a district caused an automatic chop, then a text box such as "Automatically chopping the woods by placing the district will reduce your build time from 15 turns to 11 turns. Do you wish to still place the district?". For the reduced district costs, a report showing how many district types have been researched and which types have reduced cost would introduce people to the concept and allow them to access the help text to get the full details.

4. KyivanRusCivPlease

KyivanRusCivPlease Prince

They can charge as much money for it as they would for a regular expansion.

PiR likes this.
  5. PiR

PiR King Supporter

I like the idea, we'll see an announcement within a few weeks I think, or by the end of the summer.

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.