How am I getting 8 uranium per turn?

Widdershins

Warlord
I'm halfway decent with figuring out whence come my strategic resources, I think. But now I can't figure out how I'm getting 8 uranium per turn (upt)...
  • 3 upt from the Nazca city-state - no problem there. A thing of minor interest: this uranium was revealed in a tile where the city-state seems to be spending forever constructing a neighborhood district, and I was afraid that it wouldn't count as an improved tile and hence I would not get the uranium yield. So it's good know that an improvement that is under construction on a tile counts as an improved tile in this instance.
  • 3 upt from a city I grabbed from Persia (led by Nader Shah). The uranium was revealed under an entertainment complex.
  • 1 upt because Victor is governor of aforementioned city and has the defense logistics promotion.
All but the clumsiest shop teacher can add up the numbers with two hands to arrive at 7 upt. But I'm getting 8 upt.

This is a GS game with no special game modes turned on. I know the "dramatic ages" mode has a golden age policy card that gives +2 oil, aluminum, and uranium per turn per improvement, but I have no such thing. I also use no mods.

I'm in a golden age with the "To Arms!" dedication, which says nothing about getting any extra strategic resources. I have no giant death robots, no nuclear power plants, and have made no deals to get uranium from another civ. I've studied the city reports, and it says I'm getting just 3 upt from this city (so I guess these reports are blind to governors' effects). I have Amani with the foreign investor promotion stationed in a different city-state to boost my aluminum supply. (Presumably if I moved her to Nazca I'd get 11 upt.) So I can't figure this. If it's a bug then it's a nice one, because uranium is absurdly rare in GS.

So does someone know something about this? I'm playing as Portugal on a standard continents map on standard speed. It's the Atomic Era.

Last edited:
did you search the map using the search function to see if youve got another source youre missing? other than that no idea. screenshots might help maybe

did you search the map using the search function to see if youve got another source youre missing? other than that no idea. screenshots might help maybe

Yes! There is definitely no other uranium in my realm. And looking at the former Persian city, it has nothing special. Hovering over the entertainment complex, a box appears that indicates just 3 upt is being reaped. I'll work on a screenshot. I hope I can upload images to this account.

Anyway I'm not sure it's possible to get 1 upt from a uranium tile. It's either 0 (unimproved) or 3 (improved), right? I mean, minus any effects from governors, policies, etc.

uranium_conundrum.png

Here we go...

maybe victor's bonus is applying twice for some reason? or maybe its also applying to nazca? no clue why either would happen tho...
when you hover over the uranium counter at the top of the screen, what breakdown does the tooltip provide?
and to cover all the bases, you arent suzerain of hattusa (tho theyd either be giving you 0 or 2...) right? and you havent adopted corporate libertarianism?

maybe victor's bonus is applying twice for some reason? or maybe its also applying to nazca? no clue why either would happen tho...
when you hover over the uranium counter at the top of the screen, what breakdown does the tooltip provide?
and to cover all the bases, you arent suzerain of hattusa (tho theyd either be giving you 0 or 2...) right? and you havent adopted corporate libertarianism?

All good questions. I've already looked through my suzerainties to see if I'm getting any special perks from them. I'm suzerain of Nazca, Rapa Nui, Johannesburg, Mitla, and Hunza.

Current government: synthetic technocracy, my favoritest of all.

The uranium counter indicates 3 upt from city-states and 5 upt from improvements. The city report says what it says in the screenshot: 3 upt.

I've got this wild notion that it has to do with there also being horses in the same city, and so maybe Victor's defense logistics adds to each strategic resource (per turn) the number of strategic resources the city possesses. Um...but that would seem to me to be a bug unless the wording of his promotion's effects is screwed up.

I've got this wild notion that it has to do with there also being horses in the same city, and so maybe Victor's defense logistics adds to each strategic resource (per turn) the number of strategic resources the city possesses. Um...but that would seem to me to be a bug unless the wording of his promotion's effects is screwed up.
ok i gotta know now. gonna boot up a game with an information era start, use cheat map editor to add every strategic resource into the first city i found and slap in a defense logistics victor and ill see what happens

and you havent adopted corporate libertarianism?
Corporate Libertarianism only applies to resources that have a tile improvement on them. You shouldn't be getting extra from resources that are under districts.

@Widdershins if you could upload a save, someone could possibly look at it and give you an answer.

ok i gotta know now. gonna boot up a game with an information era start, use cheat map editor to add every strategic resource into the first city i found and slap in a defense logistics victor and ill see what happens

Happy to make life interesting! Here's a bigger picture...

big_picture.png

update: everythings working as expected, no weird numbers like youre getting. was kinda hoping we'd found a cool new glitch thatd make me wanna use victor even as a peaceful player :(
if you could upload a save, someone could possibly look at it and give you an answer.
yeah this is looking like the best course of action

Corporate Libertarianism only applies to resources that have a tile improvement on them. You shouldn't be getting extra from resources that are under districts.

@Widdershins if you could upload a save, someone could possibly look at it and give you an answer.

I'm totally open to doing that, but offhand I do not know how, and I've got to sign off for a couple days. I use Steam on a Dell laptop. I can research it, but it'll have to wait until Sunday or possibly later.

update: everythings working as expected, no weird numbers like youre getting. was kinda hoping we'd found a cool new glitch thatd make me wanna use victor even as a peaceful player :(

yeah this is looking like the best course of action

I'm impressed you can do these technical things so fast. So maybe next week I can upload the whole game. Meanwhile maybe another forum member will jump in with the solution!

I'm totally open to doing that, but offhand I do not know how, and I've got to sign off for a couple days. I use Steam on a Dell laptop. I can research it, but it'll have to wait until Sunday or possibly later.
Documents - My Games - Civilization 6 - Saves.

I would also make a copy of the save incase anything happens.

Documents - My Games - Civilization 6 - Saves.

I would also make a copy of the save incase anything happens.

Oh, that simple? So now I have a copy of the file on my desktop. How best to upload it? Well I'm not sure, so I sent the file direct to fy00sh, and fy00sh may certainly share it with anyone.

D'oh! I didn't see that down there. I'm not used to this forum layout yet, so I was looking at the buttons up top.

Attachments

• JOÃO III 301 1860 AD.Civ6Save
    4.1 MB · Views: 17
If you have an Economic Alliance at level 3, check that ally's city states. Though I can't think of any City State ability that could cause that.

Edit: I checked. Only Hattusa does something relevant, like already mentioned.

Last edited:
ok ive done a little bit of testing. tl;dr: im still clueless but the extra uraniums definitely coming from the entertainment complex. full version: removing victor lowers the uranium per turn by one as expected. gifting pasargadae back to persia removes all the uranium from improvements (from four to zero), recapturing pasargadae makes the 4 uranium per turn return, cheat-map-editor-ing the uranium off the entertainment complex tile removes the 4 uranium per turn again so its definitely all coming from there. absolutely no clue why its giving four tho. some of my UI mods carried over since they dont affect saved games and theyre swearing by pasargadae only generating 3 uranium per turn when thats clearly not the case. attaching some screenshots i got below in the spoiler tag. first is before removing victor, second is after (the reports screen didnt change after removing him)
not sure if my testing capabilities can figure out what happened here. ill try razing and resettling the area and reimproving the tile, and if that doesnt work then ill try gifting the city back to persia, declaring surprise war, pillaging the district fully then recapturing in case that makes any difference at all
Spoiler :
20230120175646_1.jpg
20230120180130_1.jpg

How about the Automaton Warfare golden age dedication? States uranium mines get +1 additional per turn

How about the Automaton Warfare golden age dedication? States uranium mines get +1 additional per turn
its the To Arms! dedication. good thinking tho ^_^
Spoiler :
20230120183150_1.jpg

edit: and to add before i head off for dinner, i did check and there is actually 8 uranium generated each turn (went from 86, to 89 on nazca's turn, to 94)
was thinking maybe it was just a text bug, and the actual number of uranium units added was correct... no dice

Top Bottom