How amazing is the opening soundtrack?

DemonDeLuxe said:
I warn you, though : Pentacles don't scare me in the slightest... ;O)

I would rather use a "vévé" of Maît' Carrefour to trap you.

Just to stay on-topic : I hate that opening soundcrack...it is so...

As an atheist, it doesn't bother me that Baba Yetu is a Christian song. I don't have to agree with the lyrics of a song to like it. It is by far the best opening song of the series. :goodjob:

That said, I think they should've cut down on those Bible quotes and used more quotes from other religions as well. What with the game dealing with the human Civilization and all, not just the Western Civilization. A little more variety, you know. The history of mankind is about much more than just the Western world and Christianity, after all.

RedWing19 said:
The history of mankind is about much more than just the Western world and Christianity, after all.
Not according to Hollywood. Even in Stargate SG1 we are the ones running the Stargate program. ;)

RedWing19 said:
I think they should've cut down on those Bible quotes and used more quotes from other religions as well. What with the game dealing with the human Civilization and all, not just the Western Civilization. A little more variety, you know. The history of mankind is about much more than just the Western world and Christianity, after all.

I totally agree with you.

For example : When I discover "animal husbandry", I do not need a quote from the Bible.

And when one discovers "polytheism", which allows the founding of Hinduism, one should have an Hindu quote, instead of a quote from a representative of Western Civilization. There exists classical Hindu texts which are more ancient than Homer.

Looking at it I suppose there is a slight bias to the Bible for quotes, though it doesn't really bother me. The animal Husbandry and priesthood quotes are both Christian, and could be from somewhere else. I can't remember the Theology one, but that one SHOULD be Christian as it allows Christianity. Monotheism has one of the Ten Commandments, but I regard that more as a quote for Judaism as it is from the old testament (and monotheism founds Judaism). There are at least two quotes from the Buddha. The only Hindu quote is the one Oppenheimer used at the atom bomb test, so possibly they should have another.

MrCynical said:
Looking at it I suppose there is a slight bias to the Bible for quotes, though it doesn't really bother me.

It does not bother me, either. It's only that falling back on the Bible was (sometimes) a too easy solution : Firaxis could have done a little more research.

Top Bottom