1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How are end game scores calculated?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by WTBCzero, Aug 11, 2011.

1. WTBCzero

WTBCzero Warlord

Does anyone know how end game scores are calculated?

I ask because I remember that civ 4's scoring system favoured a large empire and a early victory. However, today I won my earliest space race victory as the Aztecs, roughly 40-50 turns before my next best space race victory. My empire wasn't huge (9 cities on a small map) but it wasn't tiny either. However I ended up with one of my lowest scores ever.
    Does the new scoring system place less emphasis on early victories but more on possessing a large amount of land/cities?

2. GlobularFoody

GlobularFoody Warlord

I think all it does is take your game score and add it somehow to how quickly you won. I won a settler game a few days ago and I scored higher on that than all my games at higher levels. I also did a quick and cheesy deity island game when starting in the future era, game lasted 25 turns and now that game tops my scoreboard. I wish they would fix it, scoreboard is rather meaningless now.

3. Waywocket

Waywocket Warlord

Well I just played the Korea scenario and ended up with my highest score by over 10,000 points due to the special scoring rules (you get points for killing enemy units, and a bigger bonus than normal for winning).

4. Misterboy

Misterboy Modern Major General

Personally, I ignore the final score. It doesn't seem to have any bearing on the game I just played.

... which is sad ...

5. TW_Honorius

TW_Honorius Warlord

i think it does like the size of empire. i did 2 domination victs and one took half as long with half the empire size and only got half the points as i did with the other one.