How are end game scores calculated?

WTBCzero

Warlord
Does anyone know how end game scores are calculated?

I ask because I remember that civ 4's scoring system favoured a large empire and a early victory. However, today I won my earliest space race victory as the Aztecs, roughly 40-50 turns before my next best space race victory. My empire wasn't huge (9 cities on a small map) but it wasn't tiny either. However I ended up with one of my lowest scores ever.
Does the new scoring system place less emphasis on early victories but more on possessing a large amount of land/cities?

I think all it does is take your game score and add it somehow to how quickly you won. I won a settler game a few days ago and I scored higher on that than all my games at higher levels. I also did a quick and cheesy deity island game when starting in the future era, game lasted 25 turns and now that game tops my scoreboard. I wish they would fix it, scoreboard is rather meaningless now.

I wish they would fix it, scoreboard is rather meaningless now.

Well I just played the Korea scenario and ended up with my highest score by over 10,000 points due to the special scoring rules (you get points for killing enemy units, and a bigger bonus than normal for winning).

Personally, I ignore the final score. It doesn't seem to have any bearing on the game I just played.

... which is sad ...

i think it does like the size of empire. i did 2 domination victs and one took half as long with half the empire size and only got half the points as i did with the other one.

Top Bottom