How bad do you hate tobacco?

Do smokers annoy you?

• Total voters
I smoke occasionally, but people who blow it in your face are aggrivating! I dont want your smoke man, I want mine

I don't mind. Planning to start smoking, myself.

Cigar smoke smells good, cigarette smoke smells like nasty. Marijuana smells the best out of all of 'em.

I say this as a non-smoker of all the above substances.:crazyeye:

I don't like it when smokers do not consider non-smokers

Case in point: I have seen people at crowded take-aways light a ciggarete inside. (which is legal, but highly inconsiderate)

I don't like it when non-smokers go out of their way to be bothered by smokers.

Case in point: I have had people at busstops move downwind from me just to start an elaborate couching routine and giving me the evil eye.

Nonsmoker who hates smoke, specifically. A few smokers I know aren't all that bad of people, I just don't want to be within a 10 meter radius of them when they light up. It gives me horrible nausea.

Non smoker and it annoys me. If people want self inflicted diseases like cancer and lung disease, that's their choice. I have the right to breathe clean and healthy air.

can we shoot all smokers?

non smoker, and hate it.

till i was 18 (at which time i joined the army and moved out) my mom and step dad smoked a combined sum of 10 packets a day.
we also lived in a VERY hot country, so the AC was on.
needless to say, the windows were shut.

it felt like living in a cloud of smoke.
still having minor health issues (eg, my asthma has receded but not gone away)
i blame my parents for that!

Smoker: don't mind them

When somebody smoking to my face I dont like it.

Nonsmoker who hates smoke, specifically. A few smokers I know aren't all that bad of people, I just don't want to be within a 10 meter radius of them when they light up. It gives me horrible nausea.

What he said.
I frequently move downwind of smokers and give them evils. They stink, make me sick and destroy my lungs. It's not going out of my way to be annoyed.; it's them getting in my way.
Especially at bus or train stations, I'll have a nice little bench or section of the platform to myself, and I swear that smokers plan their attack carefully, wafting their poisonous gas at me with military precision. They also seem to spread themselves out as soon as there's more than one of them, in order to pollute as much of the space as possible.
If I carried around a leaky canister of hydrogen sulphide mixed with hydrogen cyanide I'd probably have people complain. I'd certainly have people complain if they saw me deliberately turn a valve onto leak.

The only difference being that hydrogen sulphide doesn't smell as bad, and smoke has more vile ingredients than just cyanide.

I more or less share Brighteye's sentiments towards smokers at bus stations. As if waiting wasn't annoying enough by itself, people have to make it worse by irritating my eyes and nose with their smoke. If at least they stayed in one corner it would be possible to avoid them, but it seems like they don't fancy the company of smokers, either.
I don't mind smokers that much in other environments, but at bus stops i have been guilty of committing quite nasty thoughtcrimers...

Normal mode - don't smoke, and can't stand other people smoking. Especially when it's the cheap, stinky stuff. :aargh:

Party mode - will smoke rather than inhale other people's 2nd hand smoke from which there is no escape in that crowded bar/pub/KTV/whatever. :mad:

On construction sites - will smoke so as to be able to fit in/be accepted/not get gossipped behind my back by the crowd. :assimilate:

oh. now it gets me started on smokers !

Annoy is an understatement. i loathed, hate, allergic, totally cant stand smoke and frown upon anyone that do.

Im a walking smoke detector and can smell + locate any smoker 20-30 metres away. I almost fought and complained to the resident committee on my neighbours just because they like to smoke on the balcony and the wind carry the smoke into my house. I also dumped girls after i found out that they smoke.

I'm a non-smoker. My view is that smokers should have to do it in private or outside if in public, unless they're paying for the privilege to do so in public, indoors.

The flip-side is I'm not even sure why tobacco is taxed so much, other than perhaps for public education about health effects, especially targeted towards minors. Public healthcare is nice, but overall I don't believe in "sin" tax unless it's direct feedback for the disproportionate burden the "sinners" place on the public health network.

So I'm a bit libertarian as long as no one who doesn't smoke has to share the cigarette with the smoker. Smokers are human beings too.

I'm a non-smoker and my wife became one three or four months ago.

My home is non-smoking. Smokers that visit can smoke on the porch, the deck, or in bad weather the garage (I figure if the cars can light up down there, so can smokers).

If smokers are reasonably considerate, I don't mind the smoke. If they blow it in my face, then there's a problem to be addressed.

I'm a non-smoker and my wife became one three or four months ago.

How did she become a smoker so late in life? Every single smoker I know started in like 7th-10th grade.

Top Bottom