1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I change mobile sam's tile defense?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Lonkut, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Lonkut

Lonkut ..--""--..

Is there a way to change the mobile sam's tile defense? Like make it so it destroys aircrafts that come in within the 3 tiles or something.

2. vapa

vapa Chieftain

I think that you have that option in CIV3Q editor,go to edit rules,then units,then mobile sam,change operational range and that should be it.

3. the100thballoon

the100thballoon Chieftain

lemme know if this works...... I am very very interested. I would do it myself but I am at school for a few hours. :(

4. tjedge1

tjedge1 Writer of writerly things

That would be good to know. Could create a whole new dynamic to the game. Test it and post the results please.

5. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

I don't think that works...

6. WildWeazel

WildWeazel -- Turns to Completion

Nope. There was a thread about this a few months ago. The only way to do that is to make it an immobile air unit, make the attack strength whatever you want the "air defense" to be, set the range to 3, and give it the air superiority mission only. You can probably keep the air defense, it should still work if the SAM's tile is bombed after it has already used its turn.

7. tjedge1

tjedge1 Writer of writerly things

:Hmm: That is an interesting idea. I'll have to consider that when I rebuild my personal mod. Or maybe just adust Heart of Destiny mod since it resembles mine a great deal these days.