How can I edit the domination victory condition?

Benkyo

Chieftain
I know this should be really simple, but I have no experience modifying Civ and I'm not sure which .xml files to be looking for.

My problem is this: I like large, low sea level maps for the exploration and room for AI empire growth. I hate large maps because of the amount of time required to conquer >51% of the available land mass even after it's all a foregone conclusion.

What I want to do is: Edit the victory conditions so that having ~30% of the land mass and population AND the top score gives a domination victory.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

While I'm at it, I can't find any way to mod down the starting settler's movement to the regular 2.

I don't like the way you can effectively settle so far from your themed starting point with a move of 4, and advanced start seems biased towards +pop+culture setups, as well as limiting the AI's starting advantage, so I need a solution!

Cheers,

I dunno about victory conditions. I suspect the code for them is in the .dll

As for the extra settler movement, they start with a new promotion that gives the +2 move and sight. Remove/edit that promotion and away goes the starting settler bonus.

Thanks! The settlers are sorted, now I just need a victory condition that doesn't force me to quit every game in which I have an unbeatable lead and 100+ turns of grinding to 'win'.

In fact, regardless of whether or not a domination fix is possible this is probably my number 1 FFH feature request:

Please, someone, implement a 'quick win' checkbox that lowers the requirements for ALL the victory conditions except conquest. Less culture, less landmass, less religion (probably have to disable that one), fewer nodes per tower, lower tech requirements and/or more buildable altar steps. Tying any or all of these to a 'highest score' requirement could help prevent abuse, perhaps?

Scalable victory conditions would make FFH so much more enjoyable and winnable for both the AI and my own boredom threshold.

You could try FF, it has so called Lightning versions of standard victory conditions.
They might be what you are looking for.

I did notice those, but I really don't want all the baggage that comes with FF - it's not modular, is it?

No, but you can disable a lot of the FF features. Or you could go into the Modders Guide to FfH2 and ask them how to port those to FFH.

But trust me when I say that if you chose to enter the world of FF you will not regret it.

Use a smaller map if it to hard for you to get a quick victory. I like the grind fun and turn off domination and culture

<iPopulationPercentLead>25</iPopulationPercentLead>
<iLandPercent>78</iLandPercent>
<iMinLandPercent>30</iMinLandPercent>
Right?

Attachments

• CIV4VictoryInfo.7z
    861 bytes · Views: 44
Go to C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Gameinfo\CIV4VictoryInfo.xml and mess around with the numbers.

For domination the important thing is that both <iLandPercent> and <iMinLandPercent> be turned down to around the new percentage you want. I use 45 for both, myself.

I don't know how you'd implement a top score requirement, but I'm sure it's not actually necessary at all.

Just change <bTargetScore> from 0 to 1:

Code:
<bTargetScore>0</bTargetScore>
To:
Code:
<bTargetScore>1</bTargetScore>

That, I don't know. It should but you will have to test it to find out.

Thanks for the tips. I'm sure you're right that target score isn't necessary so I haven't tested it out, but messing around in worldbuilder on Erebus Continent it seems that iMinLandPercent of 34% is about right for me (ie occupying around half the main continent)

Can anyone tell me exactly what iLandPercent does? I'm guessing it's related to other civilization sizes, but I'm not sure how.

I believe its the minimum land that all land has to be occupied before doing a <iMinLandPercent>30</iMinLandPercent> check. I am not 100% sure on that one. Keeps you from winning with a rush of 3 cities with a culture growth of 2.

It has something to do with map size I think. Like, on a huge map you'd need to fulfill iMinLandPercent, on a tiny map you'd need to fulfill iLandPercent, and for sizes inbetween it's a sliding scale between the two values. I'm not positive though.

Top Bottom