1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I if a city is a holy city?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by g_rod83, Sep 26, 2011.

1. g_rod83

g_rod83 Chieftain

I was wondering how can tell if a opponents city contains a wonder or is a holy city before I capture it, so I know whether to keep it or raze it?

2. Danelius90

Danelius90 Hunter (of vegetables)

If its a holy city you will see the religion symbol and a little star in the corner of the symbol. The F7 screen also tells you the holy city (providing you can see it on the map, I think, so you know it exists)
    If you look at the F9 screen under "top cities/wonders" it tells you which wonders are in which cities (same as above regarding map.)

3. Tycho

Tycho AFK Forum Warrior

At the same time once you capture a city, when it asks if you want to examine the city, hit that button and observe what buildings it lists.

4. Army of Scouts

Army of Scouts Noble Cheater

Go to the information advisor (don't know if that is what's it's called but it's the one with the graph) then click on "top 5 cities/wonders" there is a list to the side that list the wonders and what cities have them.

If you have 3.19 you can examine the city on capture like previously stated by tycho.

5. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Bah, no one goes the easy way and go check the religious advisor ( F7 in windows ) for knowing the holy cities ? :D

6. Danelius90

Danelius90 Hunter (of vegetables)

Yes in fact :p

When I read the OP I actually had in mind that the city wasn't captured at all yet, and was planning which cities to take by seeing which one had the wonder/holy city. Incidentally :)