How can I instal civ2 on XP

first thing I would do id check the sticky thread at the top called Civ2 on win 2000, that should be enough.

1. Put Install CD in your CDROM drive.

2. Open the CD with your filebrowser, eg TotalCommander or Explorer

3a. Double click on the file "Setup.EXE"

3b. If you have any trouble installing, rightclick on the "SETUP.EXE", choose "Properties", click on menue "Compatibility", select the "Run this in compatibility mode"-box and select a mode in the pulldown menue. then try again.

3c. *DO* install WinG . The game should play just fine under XP, MY DOES, but in case it gives you trouble, try run also the "Civ2.EXE" located in the installed games directory, in compatibility mode (just like 3b above)

4. Have *LOADS* of fun ;)

:egypt:

You MUST install WinG to run Civ2. If you do not allready, look for a download on the internet. WinG is freeware, and is not hard to find.

I am have the same proplem as Civ2fanatic but I can't get anything to come up. I have winXP home and Civilization 2 Test of Time, I tryed to do what BlackAdder60 posted and had no luck. Please someone help me!

Dapper Dan said:
I am have the same proplem as Civ2fanatic but I can't get anything to come up. I have winXP home and Civilization 2 Test of Time, I tryed to do what BlackAdder60 posted and had no luck. Please someone help me!

What is your problem exactly? You can't install the game, or the installation ends successfully but you can't play the game?

Also, did you look at the thread Cedric refers to?

Didn't see you had opened another thread for your problem! :crazyeye:

Top Bottom