1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I install BAT so it starts with game?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - BTS Unaltered Gameplay (BUG, BAT and BULL)' started by MarkJohnson, Apr 28, 2016.

1. MarkJohnson

MarkJohnson Chieftain

I have been using the BUG mod for a long time and now I'm using BAT. But BAY wants me to always install it, while BUG loads with the game.

Is there a way to make BAT load with BUG at startup. It is annoying to go to advance and load the mod all of the time. It will load with the saved game fine, but it exits the game and restarts it again.

It's not a huhge issue or anything, it weould jusy be nice if it would load up with the game is all.

btw. Great job with BAT. It is awesome and don't know why I haven't been using it all along.

-=Mark=-

2. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Not into your drama

Mark,

To get BAT to load at startup, edit your Civilization4.ini file to say "Mod = \BAT Mod 4.1"
    (No quotes) I believe that is the right syntax, though you may not need the "\". I can't remember.

I use a little utility that lives on my desktop called the CIV4 Mod Chooser. It's available from the Utilities downloads on this forum. I can start any mod at loadup that I want to with no fuss. I highly recommend it.