1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I make my empire more stable?

Discussion in 'Strategy Section' started by salty mud, Jun 7, 2020.

1. salty mud

salty mud Deity

I'm currently dominating the world in science, so I may ultimately go for a science victory. However, my more immediate concern is stability. A while ago I realised I had a lot more happiness than unhappiness, so I set out on an expansion spree and founded three new cities in succession, as well as going to war with the city state Lhasa. This plunged my empire into chaos and I fought off a rebellion. My happiness is currently under 50%, with a lot of "distress" caused by food/production. I've made sure all my cities are connected, and I'm building markets/aquaducts to alleviate poverty. Boredom is another concern; how can I improve this?

2. Favorius

Favorius I am not a Chief!

If your main problem is distress then it is better to focus on barracks, armories and constabularies as these buildings reduce distress. I would lock population growth untill I get happiness to manageable level too.