1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How can i make my mod to check for game difficulty

Discussion in 'Mod Creation Help' started by indzasa, Mar 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. indzasa

indzasa Chieftain

Good day!
    I am new-ish in modding, and i have encountered a problem.
    Modbuddy says that your mod can "change it's behavior based on the settings of the game".
    I need to update database depending on what difficulty current game is being played. For example, if DifficultyType="DIFFICULTY_PRINCE", then use changes1.sql.
    There are project properties, and there i found "criteria" menu option. But there is no further drop-down options to choose from and it seems like i need to type exact condition by hand.
    Can you tell me, how can i apply this check?
    https://imgur.com/a/yGMSa8D

2. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter

You cannot to my knowledge.

All you can do is create modifiers to adjust player science (for example) when the difficulty level is X or higher (for example), but these modifiers will always be added to the game database. There is no communication between what goes into the game database and any chosen game-option a player may select such as player difficulty, chosen worldsize, sea level, etc.

The game allows the effects of modifiers for example to use scaling by difficulty but even then the options of what you can do are pretty limited.

Criteria in modbuddy can only select for such things as modX being active, the Gathering Storm Ruleset being selected, a given leader being enabled (and this criteria is used in one of the modbuddy template mods and always seems to cause people troubles), etc.

3. indzasa

indzasa Chieftain

LeeS, thank you for a prompt response.
    I was trying that:
    Code:
    <ActionCriteria>
        <Criteria id="Setup Diety Difficulty">
          <ConfigurationValueMatches>
            <GameDifficulty>DIFFICULTY_DEITY</GameDifficulty>
          </ConfigurationValueMatches>
        </Criteria>
      </ActionCriteria>
    Also tried:
    Code:
    <ActionCriteria>
        <Criteria id="Setup Diety Difficulty">
          <ConfigurationValueMatches>
            <PlayerDifficulty>DIFFICULTY_DEITY</PlayerDifficulty>
          </ConfigurationValueMatches>
        </Criteria>
      </ActionCriteria>
    Didnt work in either case, and you already mentioned this. This is sad, i wanted to make some changes, depending on difficulty, scaling up to diety. Looks like option is to limit myself to diety-level changes only.

4. LeeS

LeeS Imperator Supporter