1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How can the AI build a wonder in 1 turn?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Vajrajina, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Vajrajina

Vajrajina Chieftain

Turn 343: Sejong enetered the Information Era
    Turn 344: Sejong completed CN Tower
    lolwut?

Please explain?

2. Mesodius

Mesodius Warmonger

Bulbed it with a Great Engineer?

3. Vajrajina

Vajrajina Chieftain

down to 1 turn? One of the latest wonders of the game?

4. claudiupb

claudiupb King

GE gives 300 + 30*city_pop hammers, so it would require an ~30 pop capital depending on how much production the capital has (it could be 29 or 31). Order has a level 3 tenet that gives a free GE and GS so it is not really uncommon for the AI to have a GE laying around at that point.

If you are implying that somehow the AI is cheating that is not the case, the AI doesn't get any bonuses to wonder production (other than the ones also available to you), not even on deity.

5. beetle

beetle Deity

Plus overflow from the turn before, plus whatever boss production a late city gives. I have bulbed CNN Tower in a single turn, and didn't think it was a big deal.

6. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Very easy to do in Civ V, the yield is pop based and unlike Civ IV, there's no cap.

It is trivial for a human who has gone Tall Tradition to bulb anything in their capital in one turn.

The AI has growth bonuses to do the same even if they picked Honor or Piety instead.

7. Illianor123

Illianor123 Warlord

One turn bulbs on wonders is so common as tradition that I forget that great engineers are not in fact a guaranteed one turn build.

8. durron597

durron597 Chieftain

In my current game I did this with Chichen Itza and the Liberty finisher on the turn I hit the Medieval Era (playing as Persia, trying to maximize my UA).