[BTS] How can you tell what an enemy spy was caught doing?

hgp123

Chieftain
Based on the messages, it isn't clear what the enemy spy is doing in my territory.

Spies can be caught just lollygagging around in your territory but there's also a chance of them getting caught when performing missions. Is there a way to tell from the "spy caught" messages whether the spy was just sitting on a tile versus performing an operation?

Spies can get caught without performing a mission by just being in your territory. There is a small percentage chance for that each turn...same for your spies in enemy territory. But no, I don't know of a way to otherwise tell exactly what mission they were performing if they get caught while actually performing a mission, which you can tell because the game tells you that the spy was caught do to counterespionage, if you had a spy on that tile.

More than likely though, if a spy was caught inside a city they were either stealing a tech, poisoning water, or sabotaging a building.

OK, thanks for that information. It would've felt nice to know that a spy was caught while attempting a mission since that would waste EP for that civ. Guess I'll settle to know that it's just been caught regardless.

Actually, I don't think you lose EPs if you fail a mission, only if successful.

Oh now that's interesting. I just assumed it did. That kinda lowers the stakes of a mission failure.

Top Bottom