1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How could we improve MLS?

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by SoCalian, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

I agree 100% on this. 8 teams out of 12 promoted to the playoffs are just silly. I used to play with rules like that in leagues I played in parks, when i was a kid. The meaning was to make everyone play as much as possible.
    But MLS shouldn't behave like my 10yo competitions....
    It should have a promotion and relegation system instead. That way a round robin becomes exciting

2. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

ahhaha that's true.
    That's true especially if you PLAY football.

A selfish player in a team may cause huge problems.
    I've seen many of my friends shouting at theirselves and sometimes going further when playing and not agreeing on the play style. "Ma che cazzo fai?????"
    It has happened to me too.

Usually strikers bash the defense, the defense bash the midfielders if they don't get their balls or the keeper if he's responsible for a goal. Midfielders bash the strikers if they're selfish or too much "affected".
    And there's always the case of bashing each other in the same role: if 2 forwards can't communicate and don't understand what the other one is doing.

3. SoCalian

SoCalian Chieftain

agreed, though there aren't enough teams yet to have a promotion and relegation system, unless they merge with USL, which will probbably happen eventualy, then they would get like 30 teams down to USL2. and if they have PDL be able to promote up, then you have a lot more teams. though, that would kinda betray the purpouse of PDL.

4. Rhye

Rhye 's and Fall creator

5. SoCalian

SoCalian Chieftain

United Soccer Leauges basicaly, American division 2 and 3, Plus women's leauge(W-Leauge) and the Premier Development Leauge(PDL). It's been around longer than MLS, but not as big. I think a merger is inevitable though.