1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How Deity/Immortal challenge proposals work ?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Acken, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Acken

Acken Deity

Its been a while since the last numbered deity challenge (and immortal/emperor one for that matter) and since Im somewhat new around here, I was wondering how it's usually decided who can propose the next challenge.

I think they're great for learning and have a social aspect around the game, and for me probably the main reason why I'd launch the game. Let's not let it die !

2. Maxym

Maxym King

I think the current one is the England challenge but not numbered....

There is no top down or even collaborative Way of deciding, if somoene has a good map, that's either unusual, fun to play or very hard they just post it and hope it meets with approval.

For more social games Try GOTM forum, these challenges are kind of outshoot of that as there are very few deity GOTMs.

3. joshua43214

joshua43214 King

If you have an interesting map, just post it up. Someone posted an Emperor Shoshone game a while back that sucked all the top Deity players in. Was really fun to read the accounts of them sandbagging on lower levels. It is also really good for the community to see how really good players handle a map that regular players might struggle with.

The ones that seem to get the most interest are the "Impossible maps."

4. Acken

Acken Deity

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into the gotm subsection (games are called TSG am I correct ?).

I didn't know about the England challenge since I usually just look quickly at the forum page to see if there is the usual title format. I'll look into that game.

5. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

"TSG" stands for Training Series Games, so you will see GOTM TSGs referred to as GOTMs or TSGs pretty much interchangeably. Games run for a month, alternating in difficulty levels. Current games are TSG 70 (Poland deity) and TSG 71 (Venice prince).

6. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

BTW, if i might ask, when you create a map you might post here, please disable the Scrambled Continents map pack DLC (unless you use it for map creation of course). The way CiV works, if you had this pack enabled, we need it to open the map, even if the map is an old school pangea. That's plain silly, but it's how it works.

7. Acken

Acken Deity

I don't have any map DLC and all those games I cannot load due to it annoys me, so I hear you :)