How did face masks become so political?

Status
Not open for further replies.
COVID is a deadly disease. Lockdowns aren't.
Premature deaths from lockdowns will surpass covid deaths. Alcoholism, abuse, weight gain and mental disorders will all cause excess mortality over the long term. All for a disease w extremely low mortality. I understand you knew someone you died but how many people do you know who are gonna die from lifestyle diseases?

Last edited:
I like being around people. I hate video calls. Kids these days spending 10+ hours a day on screens is making them all into weirdos w no social skills. The lockdowns made it all worse. It's really sad.
It's effectively the same thing, video calls vs in-person. Social skills are overrated.
I agree that clubs are horrible environments.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Premature deaths from lockdowns will surpass covid deaths. Alcoholism, abuse, weight gain and mental disorders will all cause excess mortality over the long term. All for a disease w extremely low mortality. I understand you knew someone you died but how many people do you know who are gonna die from lifestyle diseases?
No, they won't, and I don't care about drunkards, gluttons, or lunatics, anyway.

infowars at least tries to use evidence. sometimes it's fake evidence. other times conclusions are attempted from evidence which does not support them. but at least you can look at it and point out why, precisely, it's wrong when that happens.

"i have this random anecdote that informs my belief, fully intend to use only it/ignore data, and want to control people without needing any evidence whatsoever" strikes me as even harder to work with. but then again, that stance is also openly advocating for more authoritarianism, removal of separation of powers, and forced policy with no more basis than "because i said so". as a policy stance, that is much, much more dangerous than infowars, which appears to be memeing a good % of the time.

or to put it another way: infowars is a path of individuals making stupid choices. 0 basis authoritarianism is how we get governments slaughtering millions for the "greater good". we've seen the latter plenty of times, from ussr to germany to china and many smaller nations alongside them. different "reasons" for mass murder, but same end point of fake ideology authoritarianism. frankly, i'd rather live in a country that allows infowars on principle than a country that does not (and as a result openly slaughters dissenters).
I don't quite understand your beef here. I was simply complimenting his views and advising him on where he could find like-minded folks.

And then here you pull some some false dilemma out of the blue seemingly suggested how one has to choose between living under authoritarian regimes and living with far-right fascist groups. Pray tell where is this coming out of?

Or is this your little sneaky way of agreeing with our dear uncle on how the evil CCP is deliberately spreading COVID to other nations so that the whole world suffers together? Don't be shy to admit. A lot of people subscribe to similar or even more exotic views and many will trip over each other to agree with you if you share those views in /r/NoNewNormal

I don't quite understand your beef here. I was simply complimenting his views and advising him on where he could find like-minded folks.

And then here you pull some some false dilemma out of the blue seemingly suggested how one has to choose between living under authoritarian regimes and living with far-right fascist groups. Pray tell where is this coming out of?

Or is this your little sneaky way of agreeing with our dear uncle on how the evil CCP is deliberately spreading COVID to other nations so that the whole world suffers together? Don't be shy to admit. A lot of people subscribe to similar or even more exotic views and many will trip over each other to agree with you if you share those views in /r/NoNewNormal
The CCP did deliberately spread COVID.

all this unwarranted libelous club-hate got me feeling some kinda way ngl

I don’t like clubs. I never saw the point. Bad way to meet people IMO. Too much glamor.

It’s odd: I feel like club goers were one of the strongest pro-mask demographics, yet they disregarded their position really frequently for one circumstance or another.

I guess most social butterflies tended to be pro-mask. Also happened to be the ones that ended up having the most maskless contacts. Butterflies gotta spread their wings, which can’t always be done masked.

Edit: wrong word selection

Last edited:
Truth is an absolute defense against libel therefore no amount of smack talk against a club can be libelous because no matter what's being said the reality is worse.

Truth is an absolute defense against libel therefore no amount of smack talk against a club can be libelous because no matter what's being said the reality is worse.

What’s that? You’re gonna have to speak up hun, you’re being drowned out by the rhythm of the night.

Unless you want to be "physically intimate" with someone, there's no reason that talking to them over FaceTime isn't just as good as seeing them in person.
Don't knock it until you've tried it!
I have a lot of fun, it's just for me, fun doesn't mean some drunk "party girl" rubbing her butt on my crotch while listening to obnoxious (c)rap music.

Its hard to keep to with who you are cosplaying as here on CFC.

Hating on rap music, making the hilarious (c)rap joke.. When rap music hasn't really been popular in clubs for a few decades..

I'm guessing Andy Stitzer?

So many things make sense now.
You are wrong, and always have been wrong. I'm a man, no worse than any man.
I don’t like clubs. I never saw the point. Bad way to meet people IMO. Too much glamor.

It’s odd: I feel like club goers were one of the strongest pro-mask demographics, yet they disregarded their position really frequently for one circumstance or another.

I guess most social butterflies tended to be pro-mask. Also happened to be the ones that ended up having the most maskless contacts. Butterflies gotta spread their wings, which can’t always be done masked.
The government can always clip their wings, or even shoot them down from the sky. As Inspector Javert said in Les Mis, "we'll be ready for these schoolboys, they will wet themselves with blood!" The government has made mask and distancing orders, people choose to disobey those orders at their own peril. People need to learn that the government means business.
To what end?
Because they knew it would harm their economy, and they didn't want to be the only ones to take the hit from it.
Don't knock it until you've tried it!

Its hard to keep to with who you are cosplaying as here on CFC.

Hating on rap music, making the hilarious (c)rap joke.. When rap music hasn't really been popular in clubs for a few decades..

I'm guessing Andy Stitzer?
Seeing as I don't go to clubs, as I am not a degenerate, I don't know what music is popular in clubs. Is it "EDM"? (which sounds like it should be the name of a social disease, by the way)

🤣 So you've no idea what is going on in clubs, but you're certain it's horrible.

Moderator Action: I think this farce has gone on long enough. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom