How did the AI do that?

Sykes179

Warlord
Do you ever play a game and find yourself asking the question

How as the AI even managed to do that?

Game is Deity, Small map (6 civs), Quick speed (330 turns) and I'm Wilhelmina.

Checked the score (it's turn 145/330) and the Babylonians are miles ahead, not just of me but everyone. He's on 1005 2nd is 612 and the rest are between 480 and 380.

He;s resesearched 57 tech and then there's a little on group on high 30s. I get that's maybe possible given the Babylonians unique feature with boosts but his science per turn is 278, way ahead of the 2nd best on 113 per turn.

And he's smashing it by every metric. Way ahead on culture and faith per turn as well. I've exlored his empire of nine cities and I just don't see how he's done it. It's 1550 and he's nearly in the Information era science wise. Everyone else is just in the Industrial era!

How has he done that!!!?

Have you checked what GSs he got? If Hammy got mainly eureka granting ones, for Babylon it means full free techs, catapulting them ahead. With a free library in his first Campus, he has a head start for the early ones and two of four of the Classical ones grant three eurekas.
It also depends on in what CSs he gained Suzerainty, etc.
He may have got a lucky pass with the barb situation while others didn't, as barbs can mess up the AI pretty badly.
If you want, upload a save of your game, then it will be easier to review the situation more accurately.

I find the combination of Deity AI and Voidsingers Secret Society sometimes creates an uncatchable leader due to their second promotion.

Top Bottom