How did your political beliefs form?

First I became a communist theologically, when I read the Gospels and saw that the teachings of Christ were incompatible with capitalist society.

Second I became a communist morally, when I perceived the injustice of inequality in all its forms.

Then I became a communist philosophically, when I studied the works of Marx and Engels and understood the systemic defects of free enterprise and private capital accumulation.

Then I became a communist practically, when I directly perceived the utility of democracy in the workplace.

Finally I became a communist necessarily, when I saw that the survival of our species and of our society depends upon wresting control over the course of mankind from people who care only for personal profit, and not for the well-being of their fellow men, or the health of their environment, or the future of either beyond their own lives.

Now me:

First, and last at the same time, I decided to never become a communist, in any possible way, after I saw this picture:

Spoiler :

How about this, Domen. Me and my commie GF.

Sent via mobile.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377181717179.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377181717179.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 41
This is OK.

BTW - I bet the Brezhnev-Honecker kiss lasted longer than your. :)

There are several photos of this kiss in the net, and people are changing in the background, while they're still kissing.

=======================================

Uh, no. That was the morning she left town in June. That was a half-hour kiss, my friend. :)

Sent via mobile.

Its an interesting question. Frankly I think ill have to give the basic answer - family, experiences, area I grew up in, and what I read over the years.

What some call cynical beliefs, I call analytical and I think I got that from multiple sources but largely developed myself - I always heard stories from family in Germany and Guatemala. Where my German half of the family came from, where I have occasionally stayed, and where my mom came from had only ever partially recovered from the war and was a farmers town - Politically I believe I inherited a lot of my cautiousness from this area of my life. My Guatemalan half of the family could be classified as more "moderate" lefties in the Guatemalan sense of the word. Family experiences from the civil war were told to me as a child and I remember some of the political intricacies that things could get caught up in. I also grew up with a heavy dose of Catholicism and still carry it highly to this day and I believe its also effected my political views too

Not fair. Truman was probably the best ever president in terms of economics. He was well ahead of the curve on Civil Rights. He lead for the reconstruction of Europe and the containment of the Soviets. Very underrated.

Here its mainly answer on question why he ordered to use nuclear weapons, which leads to two implacable positions. I believe that his motivations were just and he did it to save more people. But of course there are also theories saying that he just wanted demonstrate power or conquer Japan before USSR. I do not know how many informations support this.

What I realy like about Truman is his willingness to learn from experts and same willingness to push through own way when it was needed. It was first time when bastards got capable opponent. His membership in KKK seems as mistake, KKK was different than today and his further politics shown that hes good civil rights keeper and leader of social politics when there were serious oppossition.

I am incapable of thinking on my own, that's why i need fox news.

Top Bottom