How do agendas work?

PYITE

Prince
Some of them are obvious, like I have more/less wonders or great people then the AI with that agenda.
What about agendas like strong navy, strong military, gold income, espionage, etc...
I'm pretty sure it's not comparing your value to their value. Is it being compared to the other AI's value? Do you just need to be above the average or median values of the other AI's? Or is there some set value that you need to be above based in era or something like that.
What about the exploration? Is it total map revealed? Or does number of civs, CS, or natural wonders discovered factor in?

If you meet a Civs Agenda you will gain more positive points with them and they will like you more.
If you go against their Agenda then they will denounce you and hate you.

Stupid in my opinion it is too fickle on how they react to you. EG 300 turns in I have one ( 1 ) wonder built China denounces me because I have more wonders than I do. They are meant to be the premier wonder builders, but because they have slacked off it all my fault and they denounce me.

Some of them are obvious, like I have more/less wonders or great people then the AI with that agenda.
What about agendas like strong navy, strong military, gold income, espionage, etc...
I'm pretty sure it's not comparing your value to their value. Is it being compared to the other AI's value? Do you just need to be above the average or median values of the other AI's? Or is there some set value that you need to be above based in era or something like that.
What about the exploration? Is it total map revealed? Or does number of civs, CS, or natural wonders discovered factor in?

The navy, army etc is something relative to the civ in question only (at least it seems so to me). But I'm not sure how that works exactly. The two galleys I get for the Exploration inspiration always makes Harald happy forever. With the army it seems to be a bit different - at some point those guys will say they like a leader surrounded by an impressive army, but if I don't build units for an era or so, they'll start asking where's my army.

Not sure about exploration, but I guess it's something like the number of tiles revealed.

It's normally around the 80% - 120% range as different agendas swing different ways.
It is also based on their person score from what few tests I have done

So Cleo one game hated me because I had an army of 100 points and she had 250.
I declared a joint war against her with Kongo (ancient era) and Kongo and Cleo ground each other's troops down to about 120 by which time I had about 200 and suddenly after peace Cleo loved me so we joint warred Kongo and I was twice the size afterward, Cleo was a little upset but she soon got better.
The only real problem is I like Cleo angry and I hate her nice depiction.

Is it really strength? I thought it is just the number of units with Cleo and Hojo?

Well, nothing is straight forward.... the files just say 1.2 and 0.8. whether than be based on strength or number of units is a good question. However i have been looking at the Victory screen and I just canbnot say for sure because the two are sort of the same thing at most stages.... Do you know something I do not?

I just renember that I often got the agenda dislike before the patches, when Cleo and Hojo only built warriors and didn't upgrade while I had tanks etc. So I thought it's only the number of units. With the patches, the difference is probably not that big any more.

If you meet a Civs Agenda you will gain more positive points with them and they will like you more.
If you go against their Agenda then they will denounce you and hate you.

Stupid in my opinion it is too fickle on how they react to you. EG 300 turns in I have one ( 1 ) wonder built China denounces me because I have more wonders than I do. They are meant to be the premier wonder builders, but because they have slacked off it all my fault and they denounce me.

Worse, when Harald denounces you for having a weak navy when you have no coastal cities and can't even build harbors yet. Or Rome denounces you for not expanding enough, on like, turn 60.

The agendas, or at least the denunciations, should not occur early in the game.

But I have an early navy and Harald likes me, should I be punished? And is Harald laughing at you for being a landlubber, sure.

Rome is a classic case, hates you at the start loves you later.

There will always be agendas you can get if you think about it and always be agendas you will not get. That makes for an interesting game, especially when they swap as times change. Just because some do not work for you does not mean they are wrong, they make for interesting play.

Denouncing is all part of politics,mit about becoming mates with your enemies and forming groups of civs. You can also use denouncing, I just did 5 minutes ago and it got me an early friendship so I am happy.

Top Bottom