How do bump the AI from pleased to friendly?

skalapunk

Chieftain
I've been practicing diplomacy, and I can do a pretty decent job making a few friends, but it always seems so difficult to move them from "Pleased" to "Friendly" status.

What's the trick? Boudica just declared on me at pleased after 1300 years of peace :confused:

What's the trick? Boudica just declared on me at pleased after 1300 years of peace

Theoretically, she isn't supposed to do that, I think.

Religion
Favorite Civic
Open Borders
Giving Help
Caving to Demands
Trading Resources
Sharing a Common War
Signing a Defensive Pact
Trading A LOT of Techs with Them
Random Events
Some more I'm sure I forgot

Also Boudica does not declare at pleased. She may have started planning a war a long time before when she was catious and you just never noticed. Not sure if she can be bribed to war at pleased or not, but this does not sound to be the case anyway.

In that case you would have been declared on by the entire religious block. Possible, but very hard to not notice.

I believe Boudica will DoW at pleased if bribed.

It is a balance, too. You can have a lot of "+" points with a civ, but its easy to accrue "-" points too. If you trade with their enemies, vassal their rivals, have cramped borders with them, or didn't gift them something when they came begging, you could easily have made it so they will never be friendly.

Also, some leaders (*cough cough Toku*) are nearly impossible to please. You're much better just conquering them and being done with it.

Top Bottom