How do I add an existing unique district to a downloaded Civilization?

merlyn1066

Chieftain
Specifically I want to add the Royal Navy Dockyard district to the downloaded Civ the Anglo-Saxons.

What files (and where) do I edit to make this work?

Or is it just not possible with downloaded civs?

simple, not so elegant way:
just add this to the mod you downloaded:

<CivilizationTraits>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_SOMETHING" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_ROYAL_NAVY_DOCKYARD" />
</CivilizationTraits>
CIVILIZATION_SOMETHING should be the civilization type you are refering to, like "CIVILIZATION_EGYPT" if you want to give it to Egypt etc..

(you could add this in pretty much any file you want)

simple, not so elegant way:
just add this to the mod you downloaded:

<CivilizationTraits>
<Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_SOMETHING" TraitType="TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_ROYAL_NAVY_DOCKYARD" />
</CivilizationTraits>
CIVILIZATION_SOMETHING should be the civilization type you are refering to, like "CIVILIZATION_EGYPT" if you want to give it to Egypt etc..

(you could add this in pretty much any file you want)

That section where the unique building/unit is listed is in about 3/4 different places in the mod.

Anglo_Saxon_Civilization_Config_Text.xml
Anglo_Saxon_Civilization_Config.xml
Anglo_Saxon_Civilizations.xml

etc

I added the Royal Navy Dockyard, just as listed, to all of those places before and it didn't work.

It either crashed the game or the usual Harbour was listed as a build option instead.

I took sections out. Added it to ONLY to the Civilization Traits section in Anglo_Saxon_Civilizations.xml, still didn't work.

In theory what i wrote should be the only thing you need to change, since that adds the trait that unlocks the royal navy dockyard to the civ, so there might be another problem in the mod, have you checked the database log for any errors?

Also, keep in mind that if you only add what i wrote, the dockyard will not show up as one of the civs uniques in the civ selection screen, you need to go ingame to see if it worked or not

To have it show up you would need to edit PlayerItems in the mods config file

Top Bottom