1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I alter the time scale?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by p4l, Aug 9, 2003.

1. p4l

p4l Chieftain

I'm using vanilla Civ3, and I can't find a way in the editor to alter the time scale (In other words, I don't like how fast the early years fly by, and I'd like the game to end in maybe 2100 instead of 2050). I can't seem to get a space race win or even a cultural win, it's breaking my heart. Honest.

So is there a way I can do this? I'd like to probably increase the number of playable turns in the game by 35-45%.

2. Gramphos

Gramphos Chieftain

Not before PTW

3. p4l

p4l Chieftain

nnnnnoooooo0000ooooOOOoo000000oooo!

I'm not a big MP guy so I figured I wouldn't get PTW but this is really hindering my enjoyment of the game...

Anyone know a way to circumvent this problem? Some kind of roundabout way I could trick the editor into doing what I want?

4. Ville

Ville Chieftain

You could also wait 'til Conquests is released. It has all things from PTW and much more. You'd save money by not getting PTW+Conquests, only Conquests

5. mrtn

mrtn Shaven not stirred

p4l, I think you can increase the number of turns in the game, at least in PTW. In the Editor, go to Scenario => Scenario Properties. Alter all the Time Scale thingies. :)

6. p4l

p4l Chieftain

mrtn: I don't have ptw and since I'm not a fan of multiplayer civilization, I didn't plan on getting it.

Ville: I guess that's what I'll do. I had wanted to be super cheap but oh well heh, gotta bite the bullet sometime. And I was thinking of getting conquests anyawys.

Thanks for the info and tips all.

7. zulu9812

zulu9812 The Newbie Nightmare

I'd be somewhat pissed off this was the case - I imagine that you would need PTW as well to unlock the PTW features in Conquests.

8. Gramphos

Gramphos Chieftain

It has been stated somewhere that most things in PTW would be in Conquest, but some things might be left out unless you have both. I guess we have to wait and see.

9. p4l

p4l Chieftain

I should think that certain sort of PTW exclusive things, like the MP, would remain... PTW exclusive. But things like tweaks to gameplay and the editor, I don't see why those wouldn't be included in conquests.

Since I don't HAVE ptw though, I'm talking out of my butt.