How do I 'Biopsy Alien Remains'?

Heah HiRezAudio,

are you talking about the main mega-skeleton? If so I'm pretty sure this can't be biopsied (or moved onto until later in the game).
Mother of all megasaurs.png

Barring that, the only other thing I can think of is that your playing BE (not BERT) and you don't have the aquatic ability for your units, and that the remains are in the water, and therefore you can't access it.

If neither of the above solve the issue you can post a save and someone can look at it and maybe help out.

HTH,

D

BERT has two kinds of quests.
  • One type varies with the biome. The player needs to explore an alien city, visit a mushroom, a brain coral, or chunk of alien skeleton. For these quests, move any legal type of unit onto the tile. Boats for those in the water, land units for those on shore, and explorers can work for either one. Several times I've been caught out when the XX tile looks like its in the water, but is actually a 1 tile island. Try mousing over the tile and check its terrain type.
  • The other type is an alien skeleton, which can exist naturally or be created when you kill a siege worm. These require an explorer with at least one expedition module to handle.
Also, what @Darsnan said is correct; the original / large skeleton or alien city is *not* able to move onto, and does not satisfy the requirements to "biopsy N alien remains". You need to find all the other ones.

Restarting may have been the best call. When someone (even you) discover the mega-skeleton, that kicks off the quest for everyone. However, the big site (usually covering 3 or 4 tiles) is not workable or improvable. Hard to feed your people and grow your city with a big ol' alien skeleton right nearby.

Top Bottom