1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How do i bombard a settlement?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - General Discussions' started by Rowie007, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Rowie007

Rowie007 Chieftain

I've got my cannon next to a settlement, I can attack by moving on to it, but how do I bombard to reduce the defence bonus? I can't seem to see a button or command to do this, yet the game says that cannons can reduce settlement defences.

2. dalgo

dalgo Emperor

What kind of settlement? If it is a colony of another European Power your selected cannon will show a 'Bombard' icon, or you can just hit 'B'. This will progressively lower that colonies defence to zero, at which point you will not be shown the Bombard icon.

A native settlement is not considered to have reducible defences however so you cannot bombard them. Your cannon has a very strong settlement attack bonus so just attack with that.

3. Rowie007

Rowie007 Chieftain

Thanks for that Dalgo. You're right, I was trying it next to an Indian settlement, or next to a European one but not at war yet.

I only see the Bombard command when I'm next to the colony of a European power who I am at war with.

4. Trachmyr

Trachmyr Chieftain

BTW, Frigates & Ships-of-the-Line Bombard the same way.

5. Blanchflower

Blanchflower Prince

Thanks for the information!!! :):):)

6. M07

M07 Prince

In my mod, i changed the cannons configuration, they can now bombard your enemies units (for exemple the soldiers). I added the cannons resupply too.