How do I change a Civ's unique embarked graphic?

Willowmound

Wordbug
I have waited patiently for someone to make this mod ever since Denmark was released but it's beginning to look like I will have to do it myself.

I would really like to change Denmark's unique embarked graphic post-Industrial. The Danes retain the Longship embarked graphic all through the game. While some may like it, I am annoyed to no end by longships in the Atomic era.

Unfortunately, I don't even know where to start with this. I am a terrible modder and have only ever tinkered with xml-files. I can't see anything governing this in the files I have looked at.

I would love some help on this.

:)

I am a terrible modder and have only ever tinkered with xml-files. I can't see anything governing this in the files I have looked at.

There isn't anything that can be done via XML, it needs to be done via Lua. There is some similiar code in the TurnsRemaining.lua file of the New World (Spain & Inca DLC) scenario

This is also really badly hardcoded into the DLL, seen here:

Code:
if(m_pTraits->IsEmbarkedAllWater())
{
	SetEmbarkedGraphicOverride("ART_DEF_UNIT_U_POLYNESIAN_WAR_CANOE");
}
else if(m_pTraits->IsEmbarkedToLandFlatCost())
{
	SetEmbarkedGraphicOverride("ART_DEF_UNIT_U_DANISH_LONGBOAT");
}

Why it's done this why is beyond me. This should be checking the Civilization XML for a tag called SetEmbarkedGraphicOverride and replace it with the ART_DEF it finds. The way it's done here is absolutely...mindboggling.

And it's absolutely easy to do that, since they do it for everything else in the game (like names and descriptions...)

Top Bottom