How do i create icons for the tec tree?

Knight_Bond007

Warlord
Hello. i've been trying to create an icon for a new tech, but i cant make it appear. I know how to do the pediaicon stuff and the civeditor stuffs for new technology. What i need to know is how to make both image (large and small) to look correctly on the game, because äll i get is a black box. What do i have to do with the image besides resize it, and, create the large and small one?

You have to make it a 256 colours pcx. And the first two (in photoshop) or the last two (in psp) colours in the pallette should not be used in the pic.

I'll try it. Thanks.

Note they should be also correct size, small is 32x32 pixels and large is 128x128. Would it be a good idea to have a tech icon thread in graphics forum? People could send their icons for others to use, I have twenty or so new ones.

Originally posted by Ukas
Note they should be also correct size, small is 32x32 pixels and large is 128x128. Would it be a good idea to have a tech icon thread in graphics forum? People could send their icons for others to use, I have twenty or so new ones.
I have thought about doing that lately, i got the idea when designing all the new icons for the MEM. I think i will do this.

Originally posted by Kal-el
You can also find some at GIDustin's site.
Oh yeah i forgot, i actually looked recently his collection.

Yes, definitely, the thread is a great idea. I was just saying that in addition you can also check GIDustin's site for tech icons.

Yoda has indicated that he will be including the tech icons from DyP. There aren't that many new icons in the mod, basically just for the new governments and one that could be used for Fire.

@Yoda, there will be a new icon for the latest government added recently to the mod. You will be able to get it when we release the next patch.

I've tried both advices (sice and color). they worked, thanks.
I have some ideas for new and alternatives icons for a better looking tec tree. So, i''ll be in touch with the new thread. Good idea, yoda.

Top Bottom