1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I download WTP mod?

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - We The People' started by Nikostolpidis, Apr 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Nikostolpidis

Nikostolpidis Chieftain

Sry for noob question. I tried looking trough this forum and the website and couldn't figure out how to download "We the People" mod. If someone could post a direct download link or a screenshot of where it is located I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

2. Hibernian

Hibernian Chieftain

You will find it here

https://github.com/We-the-People-civ4col-mod/Mod/releases

On the bottom of that page is a 583 MB file, install instructions were inside the file as far I remember.

3. Nikostolpidis

Nikostolpidis Chieftain

Thank you for the link. Unfortunately for some reason the download from this will take me 30 hours for some reason. I have a 200mbps so it's not a problem on my end, the website bottlenecks the download speed. Is there any other hosting website? Thank you

4. Nightinggale

Nightinggale Deity

I just downloaded it with 10 MB/s or around 100 Mbps. The server is fine. You should verify that your connection is ok.

5. raystuttgart

raystuttgart Civ4Col Modder

@Boby

What are you using to unpack the .rar?
    Do you have WinRar or 7Zip installed?
    Or are you using something else?

Edit:

I just checked and the .rar downloads and unpacks perfectly. :)
    So it is not a matter of the .rar in our download.

Either your download was broken or your tool to unpack is completely outdated.
    (Simply get newest version of WinRar - it is for free. You can simply google it and should find a download site.)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2020
  6. Boby

Boby Chieftain

Thanks @raystuttgart, I use WinRar to unzip. Very strange, I downloaded it again and on another PC and it gives the same result.
    You may be right, my WinRar is out of date, I was able to open it with a WinZip Universal app. from Microsoft Store.
    I'm going to check my Winrar.
    Thanks !
    You are doing a very good job of modding

7. Renera

Renera Chieftain

Some time ago I installed 7Zip, but I couldn't open my * .zip and * .rar files automatically (right click). When opening 7zip and manually selecting the corresponding file, it worked. I suspected a user error on my part when installing 7zip. Others may make the same mistake. In this way I was able to unpack WTP 2.8 without any problems. I am assuming that the download of 2.8 is completely correct. Choosing manual is worth a try. By the way: Many thanks to everyone who worked on this great mod. The result is wonderful. Thank you very much.

raystuttgart likes this.
  8. Vorpal+5

Vorpal+5 Venturing in Erebus

It's true that despite the stickies in this forum, the link to find the latest version of the mod is absolutely not obvious to find.

9. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

I agree, there should be a thread with just one post saying "Download of the currently published" version.

10. Mr. ZorG

Mr. ZorG Warlord

Schmiddie, why make a separate topic, if you can write a link to the current release in the first message of the topic "[We the People] Mod overview"? you can highlight this text in bold red.

11. Schmiddie

Schmiddie Emperor

Hm, when you go through this thread respectively the headline of it - you know the answer, don't you? :dunno: :lol: