1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How do i get good research as Arabia?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Guides' started by Logoncal, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Logoncal

Logoncal Chieftain

Trying to play Arabia. The Second UHV is reachable for me but UHV 1 feels complicated. I'm running at constant 0% science due to the ridiculous ammount of cost that Arabia suffers from.

What do i do? What build should i follow on my cities? Anybody has some tips for it? I just want to know how can i make Arabia a flourishing economy and a proudly scientific caliphate.

1SDAN likes this.
  2. catacau

catacau Chieftain

Use great people to discover techs. Don't research Paper because it will make the Great Library obsolete which is a great source of Science and Great Scientists

1SDAN likes this.
  3. star15389

star15389 Chieftain

Build the University of Sankore and the Spiral Minaret, and a temple/monastery in every city. Also conquer Byzantium for the Hagia Sophia. I don't know if that obsoletes GLibrary in 1.15; even if it does go for it anyway

1SDAN likes this.
  4. Logoncal

Logoncal Chieftain

Oh yeah, the Hagia Sophia....
    I guess i can easily conquer Byzantium at the 600AD start, since his starting units are a JOKE

5. Fresol

Fresol Angry Halfling in Green

Get a Great Prophet and you control 3 shrines. And the Dome of Rock.

6. Logoncal

Logoncal Chieftain

wait, hang on. How the flying **** i take constantinople without gunpowder? That danm thing has 200% defense and i cant quickly build siege units because Arabia's starting cities are all ****

7. star15389

star15389 Chieftain

Roll for a start where Byz refuses the flip. 8 Camels is more than enough to take Constantinople, Athens, and Belgrade

1SDAN likes this.
  8. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

You mean a start where they declare a war on you? Because AI cannot refuse the flip AND keep the cities (AND lose units every turn).

Lately it was notoriously hard to roll starts where AI declares a war on you on spawn and you get unit boost. I used to roll for the starts like this in the past but lately just gave up. I think @Leoreth discouraged wars against the newborn civs? Perhaps 10 turn peace with newborns rule has something to do with it?

9. catacau

catacau Chieftain

The Dome of Rock is not very useful in this stage because religions haven't spread that much so you usually just have a +5 gold, generated by the Dome, by the end of UHV with the Islam shrine and that's it.

I don't like conquering Constantinople, i lose a lot of time and units trying to do so. I don't even declare war to the Byzantine, i rather focus on conquering Iberia through Africa.

On buildings, you usually have to build monastery->jail->market->library. Jails are a must for Arabia because you will have a lot of cities, market and library are dispensable but are ok if you have enough military to conquer Iberia. But in my stratagy the main Science source comes from GP, especially after recent updates where GP can discover more than one tech.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    1SDAN and Tigranes like this.
  10. GuitarDemon

GuitarDemon Chieftain

Havent played version 1.15 yet but I imagine its the same strategy, spam a great prophet ASAP, build the muslim shrine, build markets and what ever else increases money output in just your shrine cities, build spiral minaret ASAP, you get a free temple upon conquest so that helps, build monosatries (extra gold after spiral minaret), hmm couple courthouses, and that should get you rolling pretty good, dome of the rock works well for me