How do I get more people other than buying them?

City Builder

Complicated Complication
My cities have a tendancy to go stagnant, I can take a couple people and build up about 2 or 3 cities, but they are all one person cities which are pretty useless.

Other than buying them from Europe or waiting the obscene amount of time it takes for them to want to immigrate in, how do I go about getting more people in the beginning of the colonization game?

Thanks,

The answer is either food (200 food = 1 colonist) or increased cross production (reduces the 'the obscene amount of time').

I've got some games that have 395 food items in one city but it never automatically converts them over to a new colonist, like the game tips suggest it will. What must I do to activate that?

P.S. When I say obscene amount of time, what Im talking about is Ive already played up over 300 turns and only my main city is 70% full, while my other 2 or 3 cities have only one person in them.

50 meat at your town centre.

I've got some games that have 395 food items in one city but it never automatically converts them over to a new colonist, like the game tips suggest it will. What must I do to activate that?

P.S. When I say obscene amount of time, what Im talking about is Ive already played up over 300 turns and only my main city is 70% full, while my other 2 or 3 cities have only one person in them.

sounds like a bug. The new unit should automatically appear the turn after your city gets 200 food.

Perhaps it's different amounts for different game speeds? Do you play on marathon?

Yep, it is different amounts for different speeds. Epic is 300. I am starting to think the most cost effective way is to just rush buy the early immigrants. Takes too long for crosses, missionairies or self growth.

Yes me too. Just drop off the settler and soldier, head back to europe and buy anything you can for that 300 :commerce:

I, so far, build one city that does almost nothing but make food; it constantly produces new people, and I also set some of my other cities to import food from it. Putting missions in indian cities will start to get you more people than you'll know what to do with after a while. . .

Here is a small village. It is collecting in all the food other cities produce, currently it has 214 food, but that's after taking a boatload of it off to Europe to sell. At one point it had over 600 food but as you see the city still has plenty of spaces for new people but...

If it's working correctly, shouldn't it drop automatically once it gets to 201 food back down to 1 food and a new person shows up?

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 185
And here is a one person city with 410 food in stock, but only one person in the city :mad:

Attachments

• image_0005.jpeg
    image_0005.jpeg
    261.3 KB · Views: 120
afaik whenever the food would go above the warehouse limit you increas in pop and the food resets to 0. Therefore if you are making a farm city DON'T build a warehouse.

I don't know what game speed I set it up at, but Im up to turn 332 now so...

afaik whenever the food would go above the warehouse limit you increas in pop and the food resets to 0. Therefore if you are making a farm city DON'T build a warehouse.
So wrong. Food is not subject to warehouse limit.

Why don't you just put your mouse at the top left corner over the text saying "growing" and it will tell you how many food you need to increase.

Thanks, I had no iidea what that meant. I thought that was probably something totally different.

Food 256/600

Top Bottom