How do I get the Inca ??

Jelster

Prince
The Inca sound like a pretty interesting Civ, but I don't have them :cry:

I know they are DLC, and I have all the other DLC Civs, but they come in a package with Spain, and I already have Spain, that came in another "bundle".

Is it possible to get the Inca separately ?

The DLC all comes in bundles, so you can't just get one Civ on their own

I think people who already own G&K should get a 50% discount on the double civ pack.

And all DLCs come individually, they are just cheaper in bundles, the onyl exception is the Double Civ Pack.

I think people who already own G&K should get a 50% discount on the double civ pack.

And all DLCs come individually, they are just cheaper in bundles, the onyl exception is the Double Civ Pack.
That's interesting logic.

Actually, if they wanted to proceed along this route they should have done the opposite - given a discount to G&K for those who already had the double civ pack (instead of the other way around). But obviously they decided to not go this way.

I think I'm just going to have to "bite the bullet" and pay for the DLC as is - bit of a PITA though...

While on this tack..... I'm just about to invest in a high spec windows laptop (i7, 8GB RAM plus NVIDIA GeForce 610M 1GB), but my current platform is an iMac. Am I right in thinking that I can just download all the stuff I've purchased from Steam in the new format ?

I think I'm just going to have to "bite the bullet" and pay for the DLC as is - bit of a PITA though...

While on this tack..... I'm just about to invest in a high spec windows laptop (i7, 8GB RAM plus NVIDIA GeForce 610M 1GB), but my current platform is an iMac. Am I right in thinking that I can just download all the stuff I've purchased from Steam in the new format ?

Civ V has SteamPlay for both PC and Mac, so for this game, yes. You will probably lose save games though. Other games, I don't know. If they are SteamPlay then probably yes.

While on this tack..... I'm just about to invest in a high spec windows laptop (i7, 8GB RAM plus NVIDIA GeForce 610M 1GB), but my current platform is an iMac.

Slightly off-topic, but that's not high spec. The 610M is really low-end. Chances are your iMac has better graphics.

Slightly off-topic, but that's not high spec. The 610M is really low-end. Chances are your iMac has better graphics.

I doubt it, this iMac is early 2008, 2GB RAM and struggles with Civ V on anything larger than standard maps with all the detail turned down to minimum (although I do actually have fog now.....)

The laptop I was going to get seems to have wireless issues, so I've decided to go away and think again.... That was a Lenovo Ideapad U410. My attention has now moved to the Acer Aspire Timeline M5-581TG Ultrabook, Intel Core i7 which has the 1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 640M LE video card.

Or I may go back to Plan A, and buy the new 27" iMac, but it's a lot of money....

People have been saying in this thread that there is a £10 upgrade pack to gold version, which basically contains all the dlc released so far.

Considering it myself

Obviously its not such good value if you already have most of the other dlc..

People have been saying in this thread that there is a £10 upgrade pack to gold version, which basically contains all the dlc released so far.

Considering it myself

Obviously its not such good value if you already have most of the other dlc..

It's currently priced at £6.30....

Time to go get my wallet.

It may be a while before it happens again, but Steam occasionally has sales on all Civ V DLC. Lately it has been priced at 75% off when the sales are in effect.

Lol, he's awesome.
And such a strong civ to play as well.

See, I've never had much luck playing as Pachacuti. It hardly seems worth it if you don't get the terrain right - and I very seldom seem to get the terrain right.

I'd play on Highlands, but all-land maps are soooo dull...

See, I've never had much luck playing as Pachacuti. It hardly seems worth it if you don't get the terrain right - and I very seldom seem to get the terrain right.

I'd play on Highlands, but all-land maps are soooo dull...

I posted about that here.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12234923&postcount=27

Pangea/continents/fractal style maps are fine (Frontier probably the best one).

If you are doing single player it's very easy to reroll one or twice to get a really nearby mountain if you aren't willing to move your settler or insist on your capital being surrounded by mountains.
You won't get immediately nearby mountains every single time, but that's not really an issue in SP, more of one in MP.

Top Bottom